Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

Anybody doing any North Carolina Riding?

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2003, 08:07 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anybody doing any North Carolina Riding?

Anybody out there doing any riding in North Carolina? If so, where? Like Bucklesberry.

Old 01-17-2003, 05:57 PM
Pro Rider

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Old 01-17-2003, 08:32 PM
Trailblazer

Been to Buckleberry's many times, havent found any other place like it...

I have been to uhwari(sp?) once and liked it... not much mud but a good ride if tou like hills, rocks, ect...

I have heard of a place that is opening up near Kinston, but have not confirmed it yet. Most of the really good riding areas that I have heard about are places that you have to know someone to ride... [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-frown.gif[/img]

I am going to plan a trip to Brown mountain some time, but that is at least 4 hours from where I live...

Old 01-23-2003, 07:11 AM
Weekend Warrior

Hello NC riders. I've never been to Bucklberry's but my friends went there and said it wasn't that great. I live near the Triangle so we mostly ride trails and fields around our houses. However, we have gone to a place in SC called "Saudi Arabia".You need to get off on exit 190 South, take a right and its about 15 miles down on the right. Its in a real secluded place so it is best if you go with someone who has been there before. Its $5 a day and he does have a camping area, pond , shower,etc. Riding areas include a hellacious, muddy trail around the perimeter that will test all 4X4 atvs. There is also a decent sized Dune in the middle of the land with sand surrounding it. It pretty much has something for everyone. Owned by one guy and his wife--good people. He does not allow any bad manners on his land and keeps a good crowd around. During hunting season he is closed on Saturdays. I would like to find other place though. I have a blaster so I want fast trails, sand, etc.
Have a good one!!

Old 01-23-2003, 07:23 AM
Trailblazer

I agree that Buckelberry's is not for everyone, their big draw is mud riders. They do have some regular non-mud trails, but they are limited. If you are looking for mud, the Buck is a good place to start. Heck, I would try it either way, at least it is a new place to ride even if you don't ever go back, at least you can say that you have been there, done that...

just my $.02

Old 01-24-2003, 12:51 AM
Trailblazer

Me and some friends usually ride BuckleBerry once a week just to be burning gas LOL I live in Wilson. We have some trails around here as well as the surrounding counties. We have one that goes from Wilson to Knightdale....its alot of fun! The Croatan NTL Forest in New Bern is alot of fun if you really want to get muddy. There are some tough holes in there if you go when its wet. Not to mention venturing into the bear sanctuaries there lol I know of a place in Newport NC that has quite a few trails as well as some nasty mud. I have permission to ride a TON of land up in Louisburg(Franklin County).

Most of us ride every weekend as long as its 35F or better. Some days we take a fast ride and other days are for soaking up some scenery. If yall would like to hit the woods with us sometime, fell free to email me so we can get something set up.

chadster@nc.rr.com

Old 01-24-2003, 12:54 AM
Trailblazer

Crud! I just realized ive ridden with you guys from T-boro..... I am friends with the "2 Bruce's" LOL Yall get in touch with me so we can ride!!!!!!!!!!

Old 01-24-2003, 07:16 AM
Trailblazer

I thought that was you, we were trying to think how to get ahold of you wondering if you knew of some other places in the Wilson area, or if we could hook up and head someplace else...

Ma and the Guys from Tarboro will be in touch...

would like to ride this weekend, but we are not going to the buck... Probably won't get out, cause of the cold...

BTW, THe guy with the Big Bear Finally got his locker in...
Still can't mess with 14" of ground clearance...

Old 01-24-2003, 12:17 PM
Trailblazer

SWEET! Yeah, one of my buds has his 660 on the shop for a broken axle (again). We are still planning to ride somewhere on Sunday. Callling for upper 40's around here. We will prob take a nice slow trail ride.

Old 01-24-2003, 12:42 PM
Super Quad Patrol
Smokes meat all the time!

Brown Mt

Although never been to the Brown MT OHV area. Just most of the rest of the Mt.

Basicly the Mortimer/Joe White area.

Very impressed with the riding area,,,,

Be careful,,,you will get ticketed now, unless you are in the OHV park.

Quick Reply: Anybody doing any North Carolina Riding?