Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

Chattanooga,TN

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2003, 04:09 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Chattanooga,TN

Where is there places to ride in the Chattanooga area. I have a Scrambler 500 4x4 and a Raptor.

Old 01-21-2003, 05:24 PM
Pro Rider
Default Chattanooga,TN

Most definitely!! There is a place called Windrock in Oliver Springs, TN. It's about 90 miles from there. We drive down from Michigan to ride there. It is awesome. Try Windrockatv.com. You won't be sorry you did.

Scott

Old 01-21-2003, 05:47 PM
Trailblazer
Default Chattanooga,TN

Thanks Scott, can ya give some directions on how to get there? What quad should I bring? I kind of favor my Raptor. Mike

Old 01-21-2003, 07:21 PM
Pro Rider
Default Chattanooga,TN

Hello Mike,

I come in from the north, so it would be different, obviously. I take I- 75 down, but you won't take that way. You should try Mapquest, or Yahoo maps. You could also try going to Windrock's web site. Post for directions. Rinkidink or Big Sexy Or Herb, any of those guys could give you good directions. They're are some really good ole boys riding there, everyone is real helpful.

You can ride any quad you like there. I just bought a Predator, and I love riding it. Utility quads do real well there, too. Right now there is a bit of snow there, so it may be a little tricky. It is riding in the mountains, and unless you've ridden mountains before, it is REAL different than just riding trails. The challenge is what keeps us going there. Man, I'm getting excited just talking about it. It has been two weeks since we were there.

Hope this helps. If you have any other questions, let me know.

Scott

The guy I work with is from New Orleans, I think he told me he used to play music in Slidell. Do you say ovah heeyah (over here)???

Old 01-22-2003, 01:29 AM
LY
Weekend Warrior
Default Chattanooga,TN

Depends on where in Chattanooga your from. If your're closer to corridor 'J', then it is the easiest way to go. Once your on Hwy 27 just go north and under I-40. Not far after you go through the town of Harriman you'll need to take the right fork towards Oliver Springs/Oak Ridge, Hwy 61 I believe. That'll take you straight into Oliver Springs. There'll be a Dollar General on your right and then you'll come to a stoplight. You'll turn left about 200' past the stoplight and that will lead you straight to the parking lot. An easy 2 hours from downtown.

If your on the east side of Chickamauga, then you'll need to go up I-75. Just look at a map and get yourself to Oliver Springs just west of Oak Ridge. Coming in from Oak Ridge you'll need to turn right about 200' before the stoplight. At least 2.5 hours from downtown, especially towing a trailer.

As for what to bring, if it is dry I'd say either one. If it's wet, then I'd take the 4x4 as it would give you more options and less trouble on some of the trails and it'll give you an another excuse to make another trip.

LY

Old 01-22-2003, 08:42 AM
Trailblazer
Default Chattanooga,TN

Thanks for the reply back Scott, I emailed windrocks site. What a small world, Im actually from Slidell. I say New Orleans since Slidell is only north of the lake. Your friend more then likely played in "Old Town" Slidell. Also, thanks "LY". The house Im renting is in Hixton. Right there @ Hwy 27 and 153 area. Thanks for the directions. Untill my "crew" gets their butt up here, I really dont like riding by myself. If yall need an extra rider, let me know. Thanks again Y'all, Mike

Old 01-22-2003, 04:49 PM
LY
Weekend Warrior
Default Chattanooga,TN

There is also an orv area near Ringgold, GA on National Forest land called Houston Valley. It's probably 35 minutes from Hixson, but it closes for about 3 months every year. I'm not sure if it's closed now, but if it's not then it will very soon. With a Scrambler and Raptor you'll probably have a lot of fun there as well. It's been a while since I've been there, but I hear that they just recently redid all of the trails. On weekends it can get very crowded with lots of atv's and dirtbikes. I know a few folks who ride there, but it's just not my style. I like it slow and rough and don't like having to look over my shoulder worrying if I'm going to get ran over.

LY