Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

PLEASE! Where to ride in South Florida??

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2003, 02:59 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default PLEASE! Where to ride in South Florida??

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img]We just got quads a couple of weeks ago and the places we've been going are being shut down by the cops. Anyone have any suggestions as to where to ride in South Florida?? From Miami to West Palm, I'd really appreciate any info!!
Thanks!!

Old 02-03-2003, 03:41 PM
Range Rover

Hay Breezy

I hear ya - every cool place is getting closed or built -
Our group is always on the lookout for new and better trails

what kind of riding do you want?
We know of smaller spots to ride like West Palm
muddy places like Griffin Road
Scary places like Big Cypress
Wooped out places like Ocala (Big Scrub)
Wilderness places like Ocala (Lake Delancy) and Bear Island (Big Cypress)
Isolated places like Bad Luck prairie or Cape Doral

What do you ride and how far will you drive to ride it?

Most of the above mentioned areas are 2 hours from Ft.L

We live in West Broward and make the two hour trip as often as possible
and would include your group if you wanted

Of course, all this general information is kept vague intentionally

Gary Mudder

Old 02-03-2003, 05:05 PM
Pro Rider

We have a few places down south, as in Homestead and Kendall. Let me know if you're interested.
South Florida isn't the atv-friendliest place in the world.

Old 02-03-2003, 07:27 PM
Trailblazer

hey breezy i'm in the same search as you are i know of a couple places like was mention before out on griffin and big cypress also know some spots up in west palm i've heard talk about places near lake okeechobee also if you dont mind driven across I-75 theres places talk about over in naples and ft myers all i can say is find a place thats kinda popular and just start talkin

Old 04-04-2003, 12:37 AM
Weekend Warrior

I am pondering wether to get back into riding, since I lost hope because they are building everywhere in South Florida. I wanted some info on where to ride. I'm looking to ride in areas that are not pure 4x4 mudd areas thanx.
I was looking into big cypress area, but dont know if it is a large area for atv's and if it is to muddy for the screaming two strokes? ANYONE WITH INFO I WOULD REALLY APPRECIATE!!

Old 04-04-2003, 09:33 AM
Pro Rider

palm bay is a great place to ride at..........

Old 04-04-2003, 11:21 AM
Trailblazer

HEY YALL IF YOUR LOOKING FOR PLACES TO RIDE 4 WHEELERS THATS MUD THERE'S HOLYLANDS OFF OF US27 AT THE WESTPALM AND BROWARD COUNTY LINE ALSO THERE IS MAX'S FISH CAMP OFF OF US 27 AND KROME I SEE ALOT OF 2 STROKES OUT THERE SOME GO AND PLAY IN THE MUD AND SOME RIDE AROUND IN OTHER AREAS I GUESS THE PLACE I USE TO RIDE UP IN WESTPALM I DONT KNOW IF IT IS STILL OPEN OR NOT I WENT UP THERE 2 WEEKS AGO AND ROAD AROUND THAN LAST WEEK I WENT UP THERE AND THEY HAD PUT UP A BIGGER GATE BUT I HEARD THAT THEY UNLOCK IT AROUND 11 30 I'M LOOKING FOR NEW PLACES TO RIDE AROUND SOUTH FLORIDA AREA TO I DONT REALLY HAVE THE MONEY TO SPEND TO GO OFF FOR THE WEEKEND AND PLAY RIGHT NOW I'VE BEEN RIDING MAX'S AND I'M PLANNING ON RIDING OUT AT HOLY LANDS ON THE 26 FOR A BUGGY POKER RUN

Old 04-04-2003, 01:53 PM
Pro Rider

Breezy, Ilovemymudder, bigbear400, redride420, alacran and anyone else interested, Trx250rob and me are planning on riding at a spot called Max's Fish Camp this Sunday at 1:30pm it's just southeast of the broward county line off Krome Ave. If interested here's a MAP put in your location to get driving directions to this spot.

Old 04-04-2003, 02:17 PM
Trailblazer

Hey yamahabigbear i'd be interested in joining you on the 26. I've never been down that way or rode in any of these spots you guys have mentioned. I would like to try other riding areas. I don't have a helmet maybe i should buy one. Do you guys where them while riding on utility quads. Are you going to watch the poker run or are you gonna be riding around. I'm just waiting on a new cv boot to come in, i ordered it a week ago and it still hasn't arrived. But i would join you on the 26 if you don't mind me joining in and maybe others from here will join as well. Keep me updated

Old 04-04-2003, 02:55 PM
Trailblazer

HEY HIRAM AND HONDA I'LL BE OUT AT MAX'S THIS SUNDAY AFTERNOON COUPLE OF MY BUDDY'S ARE GOING TO BE OUT THERE ALL DAY AND MAYBE SATURDAY NIGHT I'M PROBABLY GOING TO BE RIDING HOLY LANDS THE 12TH WITH ONE BUDDY TO SEE WHAT IT IS LIKE BEFORE THE POKER RUN. HONDA I WILL BE RIDING IN THE POKER RUN THE ONLY TIME I'M GOING TO WATCH IS IF I'M STUCK [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] IF I GO TO HOLY LANDS ON THE 12TH I'LL LET YOU KNOW AND MAYBE WE CAN MEET UP OUT THERE I DONT WEAR A HELMET WHEN I RIDE I HAVE ONE BUT I DONT RIDE AT ANY PLACE THAT REQUIRES IT. THE POKER RUN IS SPONSERED BY BROWARD COUNTY AIRBOAT AND HALFTRACK CLUB AND THEY REQUIRE A SAFTEY FLAG ON ATV'S THEY'LL BE ALOT OF BUGGIES AND I'VE HEARD A LOT OF 4 WHEELERS I HAVE FLYER AT MY HOUSE I BELIEVE THEY ARE GOING TO START AROUND 8 AND LAST HAND IS SUPPOSE TO BE AROUND 4 THEY ARE GOING OFF L5 WHEN I GET OUT OF WORK I'LL SEND YOU THE INFO WITH THE GUYS NUMBER TO TALK TO ABOUT IT IF THERES ANY OTHER QUESTIONS LIKE IF YOU NEED DIRECTIONS OR WHATEVER THE MAIN REASON ALSO FOR RIDING HOLYLANDS ON THE 12TH IS BECAUSE I WANNA SEE HOW MUCH GAS I BURN WHILE I'M OUT THERE SO I KNOW HOW MUCH I'M GOING TO NEED IN THE BACK UP CAN

Quick Reply: PLEASE! Where to ride in South Florida??