Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

Another Potential Threat to ATV'ers.

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2000, 01:45 AM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just got an e-mail from Glamis Online about the enviro-nuts trying to ban snowmobiles from national parks. If they are successful it will greatly reduce or completely destroy any chances of expanding the national ATV trail system. When I voted it was a dead tie between yes and no so lets show these guys what's up. Vote NO at web address:

www.msnbc./news/400420.asp

Thanks for taking a moment to do this and please forward this address to anyone you may feel will be interested.

Old 04-29-2000, 07:24 AM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

John, looks like snowmobiles have been banned from virtually all National Parks (see TR430EX's post at http://forums.atvconnection.com/thre...FB=1&TID=68818).

I believe ATV's previously were banned from National Parks, and I read personal watercraft restrictions around National Parks have been tightened considerably, where PW's are permitted at all.

National Forests, for the moment, are a different story, with considerable legal ATV trails on these public lands. I say for the moment, because the Clinton administration and the presidentially-appointed chief of the National Forests want to turn the National Forests into the moral equivalent of National Parks and de facto wilderness areas (preservation, not use).

Besides "voting" in the media poll, contact your senators and your congressman, as a post in the referenced thread suggests. You'll be much more effective supporting ATVing by contacting your legislators than by becoming a number in some media poll.

Tree Farmer

Old 04-29-2000, 04:55 PM
Range Rover

Its only a matter of time that ALL forms of off highway vehicles will be banned on public lands. Its time for all of us to let our politcians know how we feel. As I have said in a couple previous posts, the ONLY way this will happen is for anyone who wants to continue riding in their favorite places is TOO JOIN A CLUB!!!! One or two people cannot do it alone-look at the power of the snowmobile clubs! They can ride vast amounts of LEGAL & GROOMED TRAILS and in my area are having the atvers kept off. I have joined 3 clubs, 2 in the adirondacks and one in Ontario,. Thats how much I enjoy riding and people, this is the ONLY way we can keep the small amount of trails open now is to get involved. In a previous post I asked how many on this forum belong to a club- Guess what? I got 3 replies! Pretty sad in that on the next following posts, people were comlaining about places being posted and off limits to ride!

Old 05-01-2000, 01:10 PM
jim
Pro Rider

I shoot guns & ride quads & if it were up to the liberal Democrats in government, I wouldn't be able to do either. I run into the same thing w/ trying to get hunters to support the NRA & other pro gun agency's but they want everyone else to do the work & dont want to get involved but want to keep their guns. It's a real shame that they dont understand that by not doing anything, they are siding w/ the other side. I guess I'll have to take up stamp collecting.