Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

Riding & Camping Around Oklahoma

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2003, 12:30 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Riding & Camping Around Oklahoma

I live close to Tulsa and am looking for some new places fairly close where I can RV camp and ride from the camping area. We go to Little Sahara, Appalacia, and have been to Chadwick, MO.

Does anyone know of other places in the area that has campsites and trails?

Old 05-11-2003, 01:14 AM
Pro Rider

It's not real close, but there are some good trails at Lake Murray near Ardmore. I hear they have recently added some campsites and new restrooms. I'm looking for new places too. I'd like to ride the thousands of acres in southeast OK, but I'm looking for RV sites with hookups, and I want to ride from the campsite. Anyone else?

Old 05-12-2003, 01:23 AM
Pro Rider

Broken Bow is still our favorite spot. Unfortunately the campsites with hookups cant be ridden from. If your camper can handle no hookups for a night or two there are TONS of places to pull campers. This is what we normally do.

Old 05-12-2003, 04:46 PM
Pro Rider

Lake Murray is a good place. Lots of woodsy trails and a sandy soil. Great riding and all new RV hookup sites. They were full last time I was there, so get there early.

Mena, Arkansas is outstanding if you plan to spend a couple of days or more. The Wolf Pen Gap trails and the surrounding area are very scenic. I've also seen some posts on here about the San Bois mtn range outside of Muskogee.

Old 05-12-2003, 09:01 PM
Pro Rider

Ok! I found a place with hookups near Honobia, OK. You can ride from the campsite. Here's a link.
Clancy's Cabins

Old 05-12-2003, 09:41 PM
Weekend Warrior

We may try Wolf Pen Gap this weekend. I talked to a campground there where we can ride from the campsite. I appreciate the suggestions and want more if you have them.

Thanks

Old 05-12-2003, 10:12 PM
Pro Rider

Yeah we found that place on the Internet last year. Funny thing is they are still trying to sell it. Honobia is not exactly near any majory road so from Broken Bow (downtown area) its about 45 minutes away going down small roads. Once you are there the trails in Honobia Wildlife Management area arent marked well on the maps. Getting across 144 to get down to Three Rivers Wildlife Management Area is a pain in the rear since most of the trails dont connect. On the bright side, if you stayed up near Honobia, you could hop on the K Trail and ride to Clayton!

Old 05-21-2003, 05:40 PM
Weekend Warrior

Hi my husband and I was wanting to go ride at Lake Murray and was woundering how I would get info about camping fees and fees for riding we are from North Western Oklahoma Up by Little Sahara and was woundering if it is worth the drive.

Old 05-21-2003, 08:32 PM
Weekend Warrior

I have riddin at Lake Murry and the trails are pretty fun, for the most part they are sandy and wide. There is even places where you can ride right up to the lake. The new improvements there are nice like shower, toilets and R.V. hook-ups. I think it is a 7.00 fee for a day pass like Little Sahara. If you go do not ride your bike on the pavement or beside the street to get to the gas-station down the road just follow the wide main trail beside the fence to the east and cross over the fence when you get even with the store. They are looking to hand out tickets for riding on the street, so watch out. I like Little Sahara too and I am getting ready to take my dad down to the Ouchita nat. forest area to go ride trails for 3 days and do some trout fishin below the Broken Bow Lake dam. 2 years ago I took my wife and son down there and rode our quads for 2 hours up on trail and never saw another soul, once we got to the top of the mtn. we found a old delapadated rangers station that was all borded up. We walked out onto the back lookout deck and it overlooked the lake it was beautiful. Anyway thats my 2 cents[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 05-21-2003, 08:56 PM
Pro Rider

try oklahoma parks & resorts on your search engine. most oklahoma parks charge $8 per day to primitave camp & 16 for rv's. lake murray is fun, better suited for 4x4's though. try grand lake sometime, south of the main damn. it's one of my favorite spots. it's free of charge to ride & there are good private camps within riding distance that are set up for rv's. lot's of fun trails, big mud pits & open areas to get some wind in your hair! also very popular with the rock buggy crowd! s.e. oklahoma is a ball also, you could ride for days & never see the same trail. little sahara is fun, i just need to get a sport quad before i go next.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: Riding & Camping Around Oklahoma