Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

Johnson Valley, CA this weekend

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2003, 12:34 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Johnson Valley, CA this weekend

Anybody up for some kisk azz desert riding this weekend?? Gonna have a pretty good crowd out there!!

Old 05-14-2003, 04:31 AM
Red Rider
Honda, accept nothing less!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

We were going to ride there this weekend (www.ruts.org), at Cougar Buttes. But allas, I am nursing a bad knee and will have to give it a rest! Going to ride the Sierras around Bishop Memorial Day, so I've got to get well. Have fun!!!

Old 05-14-2003, 11:56 AM
Weekend Warrior

Already going to Jawbone Canyon. Isn't Johnson Valley really rocky?

Old 05-14-2003, 05:03 PM
Range Rover

I'll be at Johnson Valley over Memorial Day Weekend. Johnson has it's share of rocks but it also has great Dry Lakes, Little Dunes and lots of Open Desert.

Woodo

Old 05-15-2003, 02:22 PM
Pro Rider

Where is Johnson Valley?

Old 05-15-2003, 02:51 PM
Weekend Warrior

Johnson Valley is about 25 miles east of Bartsow...north of the 247.

Old 05-15-2003, 03:47 PM
Range Rover

Many people know it as Lucerne, but whatever. I'm sure my pops will be out there tuling the desert in his jeep with the pink floyd or led zeppelin cranked. Living off camp rock road for 7 years, I love that damn desert. Best riding there is I think - racing up sand mountain, playing in the soggy dunes area, jetting across melville dry lake - oh yeah baby! Too bad I live in this anti ATV hellhole called northern california. The neighbors always get pissed when I fire up my bike...

I always tell them to go buy a bike - they don't know what they're missing.

Have a great time in the desert - just remember to pack out what you pack in, those weekenders love to ruin it sometimes. Ever seen the desert after a SCORE race? Pitiful.

Old 05-16-2003, 11:28 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: BUDXXX
Where is Johnson Valley?
http://bokasmo.com/pages/ohv/califor...vly/index.html

Old 05-16-2003, 03:57 PM
Range Rover

Hey chris -

Were you ever into R/C cars -

I knew a Chris in AV a while back that loved to ride and was into R/C racin' in Lucerne Valley at mine and my dad's track (that is now defunct [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img].. ) He lived off of Kiowa..

You wouldn't happen to be him - would ya?

BTW - you desert fans - I hear that the ISP owner in LV knows of all the great ridin' areas in the high desert... I remember him taking me up to see these mine shafts - then there was slash X (all of the true johnson valley desert fans know what I'm talkin' about) - what a trip.

Old 05-16-2003, 10:51 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: waynerod
Hey chris -

Were you ever into R/C cars -

I knew a Chris in AV a while back that loved to ride and was into R/C racin' in Lucerne Valley at mine and my dad's track (that is now defunct [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img].. ) He lived off of Kiowa..

You wouldn't happen to be him - would ya?

BTW - you desert fans - I hear that the ISP owner in LV knows of all the great ridin' areas in the high desert... I remember him taking me up to see these mine shafts - then there was slash X (all of the true johnson valley desert fans know what I'm talkin' about) - what a trip.
Naw wern't me, must be a differnt fellow racin rc cars.

The guy that owns the Lucerne market does ride and works on bikes if he feels like it.

It was too hot today down here. Some friends and I left home on the quads, rode up Bowen Ranch rd ,then up 3n14 to Big Pine campground. We turned on 4n16(?) and rode over to 3n34. It's a Jeep Jamboree deal this weekend and we watched the heeps climb the rocks at the Deep Creek crossing. From there we rode 3m34 to hwy 173 and came home that way.

What a ride! Lots of purty girls riding up there too!

Quick Reply: Johnson Valley, CA this weekend