Matt tracks

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2009, 08:01 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

well atleast you have a low and high gear selector

Old 02-20-2010, 06:58 PM
Pro Rider
Is old enough to know better, but too young to stop.

There are some new types coming out lately for year round use. Just wondering how everyone was doing with them, as they are supposed to be able to run sand, mud you name it. They are not as wide as the snow only models. Becasue they do get phenominal traction compared to tires, they will in time start to wear out parts. The summer style do not slip like the snow only ones, and that is causing some issues.

Old 03-08-2010, 06:53 AM
Pro Rider
Is old enough to know better, but too young to stop.

Is anyone having issues with pulling the axle shafts out of their sockets with tracks? I am seriously putting together a snow monster for next year and part of my purchase decision will depend on some of the issues I should expect. I know speed is reduced by about a third, but that is OK, because I will never have mine at full song anyway. I am looking at the Tatou's all season tracks. I am not one for putting them on and off, so once they are mounted, they stay mounted. I have done some researh and saw some demonstration videos on technique, and there are several potential gotchas when it comes to bending the torque arms and pulling axles apart if you are not careful. Again, I 'd rather be riding then wrenching... I am considering a used Track loader or small tractor instead with a mounted snow blower setup. When considering the the cost of a new Rhino, adding a cab etc, the costs are about the same and I get a lot more work/use out of the tractor/loader. I already have an ATV with plow now, and am thinking about putting the same tracks on it as well for the light stuff.