Yamaha Side by Sides Talk about the durable Yamaha Sport and Utility

need help with jetting

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2008, 12:27 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default need help with jetting

I have a 2007 Rhino with alot of upgrades. The k&n filter, dynatek cdi, and big gun exhaust pipe. the main jet was changed to the 155 jet. I removed the rubber air cleaner top adapter and made a few adjustments to the air box lid. I also adjusted the wide open throttle so I could get an extra little bit from the gas pedal cable for wide open throttle at the carb. The big gun exhaust has since gotten way too hot. The decals on the muffler have burnt off and the rubber keeps melting off. I just bought the gibson full exhaust system and first thing after installing it have found the headder pipe is glowing about 2-3 minutes after running. From this I have now found out that the big gun I had on wasn't bad but got bad from too much heat. Iam now changing the jetting to a 165 main jet from dyno-jet and installing the new needle too. set up every thing as instructed. The alt I am going off of is under 3000 ft. Using the 2 nd setting on the needle. mixture screw is 2 turns out from bottom. What the hell is going on? the rhino is running good, no real running problems, though I have noticed the rhino isn't wanting to run as before the whole overheating exhaust seems to have started. My rhino only has 650 miles on it. Any help?

Old 10-21-2008, 09:07 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default need help with jetting

http://roadstarclinic.com/content/view/61/96/

Dynojets are smaller than Mikuni jets, a 165 Dynojet is SMALLER than a 155 Mikuni. The link I posted has a conversion table on it to help. If your engine is stock I would try the 165 Dynojet main, raise the needle one slot (lower the clip) and install a #45 pilot jet from MIKUNI, get it at any dealer. If you think it's still to lean try the next larger main jet only one size at a time, keep doing this until it starts to loose MPH when its WFO then drop back one size. Ideally you want the largest main jet that still delivers the highest speed and runs crisply. Hope this helps.

Happy trails.