Yamaha Side by Sides Talk about the durable Yamaha Sport and Utility

Review of the Rhino 700 Sport edition.

Old 10-14-2010, 02:03 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Mopar Man!
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Review of the Rhino 700 Sport edition.

2011 Yamaha Rhino 700 FI Sport Edition Review

Old 10-15-2010, 04:28 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Mopar Man!

Sorry seems as if the review of the Rhino 700 was posted a little too early LOL

Old 11-08-2010, 04:49 PM
Range Rover

It's there now... pretty good review too.

Unfortunately, a recent ATV magazine review wasn't so kind to the Rhino... but it all depends on who is doing the review.

Old 11-08-2010, 05:27 PM
Pro Rider

The Rhino is awesome, but I think it needs to be updated a little, ie. larger motor EPS etc.. that or they need to make a sportier model with the aforementioned equipment to compete with the teryx IMO

Old 11-10-2010, 05:36 PM
Range Rover

Yea, I think Yamaha, Suzuki and especially Honda need to do a lot of upgrades to many of their Powersport products. However, they still make good stuff, and don't seem to be in a hurry to make many changes.

Old 11-10-2010, 05:51 PM
Pro Rider

a suzuki side by side would be pretty sweet i bet.. if it was all yellow and blue =)

Old 11-10-2010, 05:51 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Mopar Man!

To me unless you are racing there is no big reason to have a huge HP engine. Most will NEVER use it and if they do they are not skilled enough to control it. I will take longevity/quality any day over having something that is quick and breaks down around every corner. In short I would rather be riding than wrenching on my ****, I do that enough with my job everyday!

Old 11-11-2010, 11:23 AM
Pro Rider
Loves riding and can't get enough.
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Boss Man
Yea, I think Yamaha, Suzuki and especially Honda need to do a lot of upgrades to many of their Powersport products. However, they still make good stuff, and don't seem to be in a hurry to make many changes.
In the SxS dept Honda needs to start all over again.

Old 11-11-2010, 11:42 AM
Supersock
Hired Gun!
"Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!"
Received 164 Likes on 163 Posts

Originally Posted by DODGE57HEMI
To me unless you are racing there is no big reason to have a huge HP engine. Most will NEVER use it and if they do they are not skilled enough to control it. I will take longevity/quality any day over having something that is quick and breaks down around every corner. In short I would rather be riding than wrenching on my ****, I do that enough with my job everyday!

Had a chance to test drive the CanAm Commander X 1000 this past weekend. Nice enough and lots of power. But I agree someone is going to buy one of these strictly on the 1000cc tag. This could be a real screamer at the dunes, but on the trails, I'd bet half the power never gets used. While the wife really wants something like the RZR, after the test, I would never put her in something over 800cc. I know her skills (hopefully she does too) and her riding style. A little less hp and a little more torque would be better IMHO.

Old 11-11-2010, 05:08 PM
Range Rover

Originally Posted by DODGE57HEMI
That's a good point, but power is not necessarily what needs to be upgraded.

For example, if Honda would simply put a locker in their ATV's... they would put a hurting on the other manufacturers in a hurry. If they added just a little more power, those other folks would really start to sweat, but they could skip the power upgrade... the locker would be a great start.

It's not that they can't do it... look at the Big Red. As Fugly as it is, it has a great setup... 2wd open rear diff, 4wd rear diff lock, and 4wd front and rear diff lock. I've seen it in action, and had the chance to use it... works great.

Let's face it, if you've had enough quads, and been around long enough, you know what can be improved... without sacrificing durability/longevity.

I love my King, but I would like to see a different suspension set up... and a few other improvements.

We ride with several guys that have Grizzlies... they love them, as well they should... but each guy to the man can list what they would like improved.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Review of the Rhino 700 Sport edition.