Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Rapt0r No Start

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2003, 12:10 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rapt0r No Start

Ok, I cant figure it out maybe one of you veterans can help me [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Went riding last weekend.....(for like 5 minutes) I came down a little hard from a small leap....kinda landed a bit off balance and ended up stallin out. NOW I can not get my '03 rappy started for squat. I can hear the little click comming from the spark area as I press my start button....but it just wont start. I already went ahead and changed the spark plug thinking that perhaps it was fouled....but still no start [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]. So now, todays friday and I am dying to get out and ride after a busy work week....Im all out of ideas and simple fixes.....if anybody could please help me in the situation, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for the input to all those who respond.

'03 Rapt0r LE
Full Yosh
Pro Design w/K&N

Old 05-16-2003, 12:25 PM
Pro Rider
Default Rapt0r No Start

pull the plug out and ground the end of the plug on a bolt on the engine try to start and see if it gets spark if it does than try your fuel. turn off the fuel drain your carbs all the way leaving the drain screws loose turn the fuel on it should drain out of both carbs the same.

Old 05-16-2003, 12:27 PM
Pro Rider
Default Rapt0r No Start

make sure the wires on the coil are tight

Old 05-16-2003, 12:42 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default Rapt0r No Start

Yes, I tried the spark test on thursday, Spark I do have.....although I did not attempt to drain the carbs.....

Ill def. look into that possibilty when i get home from work today.

Frankly, I am not quite sure what else it could be.

Old 05-16-2003, 12:59 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default Rapt0r No Start

check to make sure the carbs did not pop out of intake.my son had the same thing it just cut out and after a 3 mile tow home it was the carbs poped out of intake.I now learned it is common.6500 for a machine the carbs come off?????recall needed.

Old 05-16-2003, 01:18 PM
Pro Rider
Default Rapt0r No Start

yes check that first i forgot about the carbs poping out of the intake boots i am willing to bet that is what it is you may need to put different clamps on the carbs so this does not happend again

Old 05-16-2003, 01:30 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default Rapt0r No Start

Hmmmm, Damn them slippery carbs.....Ill check them as soon as i get home.....and granted it wasnt too long ago that I put in my Pro Filter, so there is a good chance they came loose after the impact.

Old 05-16-2003, 01:35 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default Rapt0r No Start

My bet is on the carbs came out of the intake boots. I stand my blue 01 up on end and the last time we came home from Dumont, I tried to start it to ride it to the back yard and the old carbs had come out of the boots just from a semi bumpy dirt road ride out of dumont.

Old 05-16-2003, 04:17 PM
Range Rover
Default Rapt0r No Start

Get the UPP intake boots. Your carbs will never pop off again. They literally snap in. The first time I put them on I was ticked because the carbs wouldn't fit, so I sat on the front bumper and grabbed a carb with each hand and pulled forward, and bam, they snapped right in. AWESOME! For once and aftermarket piece that works sweet. It was the best piece of mind $89 I spent.
You didn't describe the problem real well, another thing to check if its just clicking is make sure the screws in your battery terminals are tight. Mine are always loosening up and then it just clicks when I go to start it. I know you said it was near the plug, but for a two second free fix, just those screws and nuts on the battery. Good luck.

Old 05-16-2003, 05:37 PM
Pro Rider
Default Rapt0r No Start

U might of broke a connection on the battery i did that before and check the coil and make sure it tight but dont break it.

Quick Reply: Rapt0r No Start