Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

how to beat the "big bad" predator

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2003, 08:10 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default how to beat the "big bad" predator

lol fitz.

But, you never want to ignore your greatest competition, nor underestimate them.

Old 05-19-2003, 08:26 PM
Pro Rider

Beech they won't be under estimated. They just should not be heard, because they are new and have to still prove themself. The Raptors are on top of the world of ATV's. That was for you Beech, I know how you like to here that. LOL

Old 05-19-2003, 08:37 PM
Range Rover

And the Raptor has proven itself? lol

Proven to be the fastest in a straight line? Wow, what an accomplishment!

Here are some other things it has proven. Alot of down time. Money and time to just keep it working right and even then something else breaks.

Old 05-19-2003, 08:51 PM
Pro Rider

Now, was I talkin to you? Where did you come from? Beech is this a freind of yours? Do you have a Raptor? Do you have a Yamaha? If not go back to forum you crawled out of.

Old 05-19-2003, 08:53 PM
Pro Rider

Not to get into the mine's faster argument. I have a Predator although I haven't raced a Raptor yet I will make this comment. Both bikes are close point blank. The biggest factor is you! If I wanted to race ( which I do every chance I get) is to practice coming out of the hole. Then practice some more and practice some more. Me and my friends (all with diffrent type of rides practice against each other all the time). Neither bike is simply going to "smoke" the other one no matter what anyone says. The Raptor is hard to keep front end down on. That is my suggestion. Be safe and have fun!

Old 05-19-2003, 09:01 PM
Pro Rider

Man, they call Polaris guys touchy. "Waaah, get out of our forum!!!" LOL

Old 05-19-2003, 09:02 PM
Pro Rider

Firehawk1970, I like your points especially the one about being safe and have fun. Dude where is your helmet on that double you are doing. Now I'm not saying your stupid, I would not say that, but a picture is worth a thousand words.

Old 05-19-2003, 09:02 PM
Pro Rider

who cares what sparks has coming for the predator, what you buy from sparks as a kit isn't anything like the bikes they drag out to FSW and such. people talk all down on the raptor for reliability issues, the stock raptor is very reliable, it's when you start going into the motor for drag racing you lose reliability. last i checked drag racing and reliability are 2 words that don't go together, if you want lot's of power youre gonna sacrifice something. any work you do on a motor making it other than stock is gonna decrease it's life, you ever seen a top fuel car make more than one pass without rebuilding the engine? if you want reliability keep your $hit stock or buy something slow like a honda.

Old 05-19-2003, 09:40 PM
Pro Rider

I think its funny how when the preds first came out all the owners thought and said they were faster and now they have to say "just wait". Its sad, not to mention when any bike gets moddified enough, sure it will be faster than the other stock bike, but put the same amount of money in the other and its a new game. I have yet to loose to a pred and I believe I never will, I ride where the real power is, so if you think you got some, bring it to glamis at the hill.

Old 05-19-2003, 09:44 PM
Pro Rider

These issues crack me up!

I do have to agree with Dfits though Firehawk, you should really wear a helmet. I never used to till I received a used one for my B-day and then bought my Predator. Well it probably saved my life in March! Now I have to get a new one and the Predator will not leave the garage untill I get one. Ok so I did put around the yard a couple times after I finished putting it back together but it will be sitting in the back of the garage for a while now. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] I would hate to hear of anyone I know getting seriously injured because they didn't have the gear they needed.

Now grab you gear, get out there, and have some fun!!

Quick Reply: how to beat the "big bad" predator