Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Should I get a shee?? or not.

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2003 | 04:47 PM
Pro Rider
Default Should I get a shee?? or not.

Oh yeah, forgot to mention, make sure equal amounts of smoke are coming from both pipes, a dead giveaway.

Old 05-21-2003 | 08:23 PM
|
Pro Rider

1996 YAMAHA BANSHEE, boost bottle, K&N filter, fly handlebars, flame seatcover, dura blue axle, needs rebuilt $1500 OBO

Is that somthing you would take a chance on, its in KY and im in MN, so I could get it shipped here for around $300, and if its just the top end that needs to be rebuilt I would actualy like to have experience in that.

Thanks for any replies,

Mark

Old 05-21-2003 | 08:37 PM
Pro Rider

Personally I would wait and find something in your area. That way you can look it over real good. It is buyer beware when it comes to things like this and I would hate to see anyone get screwed.

Later
Bat

Old 05-21-2003 | 08:54 PM
Pro Rider

there was one last week in arkansas for 500 bucks and it was a 98 model it needed a new top end

Old 05-21-2003 | 09:54 PM
Weekend Warrior

Banshee are great I have two right know and just sold three other ones this year. I love the powerband it's so much better to play with then the four stokes. I was the only one with an banshee and my 3 friends had raptors and I had soooo much more fun just making my own jumps by hitting any mound or gravity pit in the woods. It would take them days of me hitting it before the would. They suspenion and a-arms aren't the best stock but they do work out ok. Like other people said go with the pipes first...
If any of you still see those that need a top end for sale let me know expecially a 98 for 500 bucks i'll buy that in a second. I just rebuilt my top end. The first time I ever worked on the engine, had no experience it took me about 5 hours and $150 bucks for the weisco rebuild kit. It was cake to do.
I don't think I would buy another quad other then a banshee....Owner for life...

Old 05-21-2003 | 10:32 PM
|
Pro Rider

Thanks, if all it needs is a top end, with the frame, susp., and other stuff in good cond. is that an ok deal, or should I wait another year for an extra $1000 to come in, and get one closer to home so I can look it over? The reason Im getting this quad is to have as a project over the summer and fix it up.
I understand what you are saying Bat but I dont have a good job yet, and would like somthing to ride around until then.

Old 05-22-2003 | 12:32 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Well, I agree with Bat, but if your wanting a project,and you have mechanical skills, then I am sure their are alot of people on this forum that can help you through just about any problem you may have when you start rebiulding it, so.......... Its up to you man! Do you feel lucky? huh! well. Do ya? PUNK! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

BIggerisbetter.

Old 05-22-2003 | 01:22 PM
Weekend Warrior

I just read this post!!!!

Mark, make sure you DO NOT buy it from another state and have it shipped to you, you will regret it!!!!!!

Find one local, look at it and if it starts up and idles fine, you should be ok...

My advice, stay away from ebay too...

When they sell it online like that, trust me your asking for trouble...

Think about it, why couldn't they sell it locally?

Good luck, let me know what you find...

Old 05-22-2003 | 01:45 PM
Weekend Warrior

My first banshee I bought new from a local dealer. My second I bought of ebay and it was just as described I didn't even see it. My third and fourth I bough off atvtraderonline out of state sent the money and them picked them up about a month later and they were both up to par and for a great deal.. My last one I bought off ebay again. I have had no problems but I would suggest talking with the person first by phone.. checking feedback... sending emails to see how the respond. You can get a pretty good feeling about the person. Yes you are going to have a higher risk but it's kind of like risk versue reward. I can buy one local for a stock one the best deal I could find was like 5k for a 2002 with not mods. I found a 2002 in atvtrader with a 409cc big bore kit, tommey t-5's 38mm pwks, duarblue +2 axle brand new holeshots on Douglas red label rims, and lonestar hubs for 4k.. That's a big differnce in price.

If you are looking I have a 2003 limited edition banshee for sale with a trinity 2-1 carb kit and alba action graphics kit full RPM front rear and underbody skid plates..I need to dump it to make way for parts for my company you can check it out at. I would be willing to make a great deal on this bike...

http://www.spyderracing.com/2003BansheeLimited.htm

Old 05-22-2003 | 02:26 PM
|
Pro Rider

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img] Sorry, whoo, what do I do? Boy, I was just about to say I wasnt going to buy, unless I saw it first, and then BansheeVR4 had to post[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img] (J/K) [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: Should I get a shee?? or not.