Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Mixing gas on the Banshee, need help *asap*

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2003, 04:33 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mixing gas on the Banshee, need help *asap*

My YZ went 5 years on castor, without a hitch, actually impressed my dad how long that bike lasted.... So I alsways use it in the banshees, I love how it smells when it burns, I love the smell of my exhaust, not that I get behind it when it's idling or anything, but when riding in trails or something....

Old 05-27-2003, 05:59 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Your a newbie. Stick with 32:1

Old 05-27-2003, 06:21 PM
Pro Rider

Thanks everybody, I was very surprised to see all the different veiws everyone has, now I have lots of choices to go by

Thanks again,

Mark

Old 05-27-2003, 06:35 PM
Range Rover

Welcome
Knowledge is power!

Old 05-27-2003, 06:53 PM
Pro Rider

And power is Banshee [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 05-27-2003, 07:40 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: LAZYHammer
And power is Banshee [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
You got that right, I run yamalube 2r at 32:1. I have thought about changing, but as you can see there are so many options it is hard to decide. Good luck on your decision.

Bat

Old 05-27-2003, 08:05 PM
Range Rover

If that makes you guys sleep better [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img] Anyways...the higher ratio you bike will run faster, try it. Although the more oil the cooler it runs, UNLESS you run synthetic, then you can run it leaner 50:1
You have to remember, the oil are better today then they were years ago. This is why you can run them leaner (less oil) Dont run it 20:1 youll foul that plug out sooo quick!

Old 05-27-2003, 08:20 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

So your going to tell a rookie to run 50:1 on his first 2 stroke? Assuming he knows how to get his jetting perfect the first time out? Im sure its going to make him sleep better knowing he isnt going to lock his motor up during his first trip out

Old 05-27-2003, 08:25 PM
Range Rover

Here we go [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img] Does it say on ANY bottle to run only if your a rookie? I never saw one thats states such. 50:1 has nothing to do with how he rides it. It should protect his bike with no problem. Disagree? call Amsoikl! I did [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] 50:1 bottle by Amsoil is for racers and normal rider, which means, it protect regardless! Do your home work as I have and Amsoil has since 1970's

Honestly, I am not trying to rock the boat, but in my opinion, your wrong. Like you said in your own words "A rookie" so how is a racing formualted oil going to lock up his engine? Curious....

Old 05-27-2003, 08:35 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

LOL ok rookie (lazyhammer), run your motor to 50:1. Hell, it isnt my motor right? So the kid takes your advice and runs 50:1 with yamalube and blows his motor. It aint gonna bother you none, its not you right? Id rather him take a safer approach when jumping into a 2-stroke. Id hate for this guy to come on the forums and be anti-2stroke because he keeps blowing them up. (you know how so many people like to say 2-strokes are not reliable and such) And im on the west coast, i havent found a shop around here that sells amsoil. Maybe i just need to look harder

Quick Reply: Mixing gas on the Banshee, need help *asap*