Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

How was everyones memorial day?

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2003, 11:37 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How was everyones memorial day?

Originally posted by: BlackandRedWarrior
Had an awesome time down at Hungry Valley (Gorman, CA).The place is huge. Trails were pretty good but too many whoops for my taste. It was also way dusty and a bit windy.My heart goes out to the people who go hurt this weekend. Had to be at least 3 people air lifted out Sat.
Anyone have a clue how to get to Hungry Valley from Vegas , maybe even how many hour drive ?
I am trin to find new places to ride its way to hot here to enjoy any local riding .

Thanks

Old 05-28-2003, 12:14 PM
Air Cooled Rider
Future Govenator of Kalifornia!

Mapquest is your friend:

Las Vegas to Hungry Valley

For mapquest and getting to any of the S.V.R.A.s in CA, just enter the SVRA's name into the City for the destination. Hungry Valley would be "Hungry Valley S.V.R.A." You NEED to put in the periods too. It's about 325 miles. I previously posted the link to the park's web site. Those direction I posted get a little funky right at the park. Just follow the signs when you get there. We came in via the Gorman exit off of Interstate 5. This is the area known as The Grapevine. Those directions should be good enough to get you close.

The temps do reach into the 100s at times in the park during the peak of the summer. It was in the 70s or 80s with a pretty good wind (it blows through the main valley pretty good) which helped with the heat. Out on the trails it was just beautiful. Bring insect repellant though. The mosquitos dine in the evening.

Hope that helps.

Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

Old 05-28-2003, 12:31 PM
Pro Rider

Cool thanks for the info I have been using this site but the directions are not that good

http://bokasmo.com/pages/ohv/california/index.html it gives all the riding areas in Cali

Old 05-28-2003, 01:01 PM
Air Cooled Rider
Future Govenator of Kalifornia!

Those directions are a little weird unless you've been there.

It should probably read, "DIRECTIONS: From Interstate 5 take the Gorman exit. Turn Right (at the McDonald's) and head West about 1 mile and you will see Hungry Valley sign left side."

And the entrance isn't really all that well marked. They *should* put in a left turn lane to enter the park so that it is more noticable. You have to drive in the driveway a ways before you see the booth for the Entrance.

Also note that the directions I posted earlier show coming in at the south entrance to the park. I believe this is a dirt road. I would say to just come on up to the Gorman exit and use it. At the Gorman exit there is a McDonald's, Chevron, Mobil, EconoLodge, Sizzler and a Carl's Jr.

Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

Old 05-28-2003, 01:06 PM
Pro Rider

Fst4wrd give me a pm when you come down so i can show you around,you are welcomed to camp and stay the night there,there is some good riding and jumps....let me know..

Old 05-28-2003, 03:38 PM

I went to Glamis...it was hot and deserted...
fun though..

Old 05-28-2003, 03:57 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: raptor03
Fst4wrd give me a pm when you come down so i can show you around,you are welcomed to camp and stay the night there,there is some good riding and jumps....let me know..
I will , thanks for the invite

Old 05-28-2003, 03:58 PM
Pro Rider

since we missed eachother at Dumont....

Old 05-28-2003, 04:10 PM
Pro Rider

Mothersday weekend was a blast at Dumont , now that my quad is running perfect its time to get some paddles.
I could not believe how much the dunes changed since last time , there was a ton steep drop offs. We played around
in the dunes all of Saturday and Sunday we went all the trails out there which some were a blast and others had way
to many rocks especially through that creek , I bent a front rim and tweeked a tie rod . I was riding back to camp
with my front tires rollin pigen toed.

Old 05-28-2003, 04:12 PM
Pro Rider

so was it real hot!!!!! wish it stayed cool over there so i can ride all year round..

Quick Reply: How was everyones memorial day?