Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default raptor

wat do u think a raptor would top out at??? thanks

Old 06-03-2003, 01:23 AM
Pro Rider
Default raptor

Stock??...mid 70's. Modified??...possibilities are endless....[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img]

Old 06-03-2003, 01:58 AM
Pro Rider
Default raptor

I gpsd my totally stock 03 raptor on a paved road, it was around 72.3 mph (+/- .2mph) and I still had a little left, it was still slowly going up but I ran out of road. In the 72-74 mph range should be about right. I am also a larger rider, 6'2" 240 lbs, so Im sure a smaller person will pick up 1-3 mph, depending on rider size.

Old 06-09-2003, 03:56 PM
Trailblazer
Default raptor

Mine is as stock as they come. I have only one ride on it and that was about 40 miles. Yesterday a friend of mine stopped by the house in his patrol car and I asked if he would radar me. We went a couple blocks over to a street with no houses and he radared me at 75. About what I expected for stock. I will be doing a few upgrades after the 6 mo. warranty is up and I will check it then and let you know.

Old 06-09-2003, 04:05 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default raptor

That sounds about right for a stock Raptor. If you got anywhere from 70- 75 on a radar from a cop car I would say its about right. I know they have to have the radar guns calibrated once a year around here.

Old 06-09-2003, 04:58 PM
Trailblazer
Default raptor

He said they have to be "certified" once a year but they "calibrate" them every shift. He didn't elaborate because he was griping at me for going that fast on a residential street. Turns out that he thought most 4wheelers did about 45 or so. Now he knows.

Old 06-09-2003, 06:35 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default raptor

he should clock some of those modded out banshees!LOL

Old 06-09-2003, 07:13 PM
Range Rover
Default raptor

Hey Hooter, how much trouble did you get in? Just in case i get caught...LOL!

Old 06-09-2003, 07:56 PM
Trailblazer
Default raptor

I didn't get in trouble because he agreed to do it but he did say if he had caught me doing 75....he would have impounded my bike. I told him I wouldn't have helped him load it.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] I then asked him if running from a cop was a felony in our town. He said that "evading" was not but "flight" could turn into "felony flight" depending on how many traffic laws I broke. All in all, running from a cop does not appear to be a good thing to do, especially now that they know where the Raptor lives! My neighbors are already wondering about me since this cop has followed me home with his blue lights once already. I bought the Raptor and motorcycles for my boys on the same day. I spent all weekend in the backyard teaching them to ride and they got pretty good at chasing each other around and around. On Sunday evening I decided to try out my four wheeler and made 1 pass down the street kind of fast. Bad timing. He was parked on a side street and saw me pass by. I knew he was gonna pull me over so I just kept going (slow) to the house. After I took off my helmet he recognized me and I heard him call dispatch to tell them to "disregard". I knew he wasn't gonna give me a ticket then. Just then my 11 yr old walked out of the house and saw the patrol car with blue lights on at the end of the driveway. His eyes got real big. I called my son over and told him the cops had a complaint of two kids racing around the backyard recklessly and you could see he got a little scared. I had him going until the officer said "No, we got a complaint of an older gentleman wheelying thru an intersection down the street". My son patted me on the back and said "Good job, Dad" and walked away. Great cops in our town.

Old 06-09-2003, 08:51 PM
Default raptor

lmao, thats good. I wish I knew some of the cops around me. Well I do just not the way I want to[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]. So evading isnt illegal? j/k,

Patrick

Quick Reply: raptor