Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Yoshi Pipe/Starter issues

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2003, 07:17 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Yoshi Pipe/Starter issues

I'd like some feedback on the Yoshi pipe for the Raptor. I just bought one and am curious how everyone else likes it. I haven't had a chance to ride it yet!! Any jetting suggestions with or without the TEC noise reducing inserts?

Also, has anyone had problems with the one way clutch on their starter?? I seem to be having a problem with it. Just curious if anyone is making an aftermarket that lasts longer than the stocker.

Thanks

Old 06-06-2003, 07:26 AM
Pro Rider

i dont know too much about it, but i know its a common problem with ALL raptors and im pretty sure you shouldnt ride it too much when the starter is messed up cause it can lead to more problems. good luck

Old 06-06-2003, 08:22 AM
Range Rover

BlackWidow

One of the dealers in this area has its own race teams working its service department. They are known for the shop to take your quad to for engine work and modding...they are big into modding and have done several z400/raptor/banshee setups. Anyway, I called them on a pipe for my KFX 400, was going with a Yoshi but read all the dirtwheels stuff and have heard alot about CT and HMF which made me wonder if Yoshi was really the way to go. They said Yoshi makes a very good performing, high quality pipe...said they would recommend the Yoshi hands down for a z/KFX 400 and even a Raptor...they said the Yoshi really works well with those two quads. I didnt really expand on the raptor part as I have a KFX...but he did make some comments on how the Yosh really brings out that 660 potential. Just thought i would pass on the info i picked ... good luck in hunting down your pipes.

Old 06-06-2003, 10:41 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yoshi jetting w/o lid start out at 165/170 and go down from there if you need to.

Check out raptortranny.com for info on an aftermarket oneway made by L&A Design.

Old 06-06-2003, 10:55 AM
Pro Rider

You can't go wrong with the Yoshi, fit to finish is good and gains are good with no lid and K&N also good sound. Very popular for the price.

Pat

Old 06-06-2003, 11:08 AM
Pro Rider

I like my Yoshi.

Old 06-06-2003, 01:28 PM
Pro Rider

Pat i have a tear..lol

get the YOSH!!!!!!!

Old 06-06-2003, 03:13 PM
Pro Rider

I couldn't believe the fit and finish on the pipe!! No problems at all installing it! We'll see how she goes now!

Old 06-06-2003, 03:22 PM
Pro Rider

No sheeit raptor03!! I can't believe he said that![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

Old 06-06-2003, 03:28 PM
Pro Rider

Oh yeah, I'm replacing my one way assembly this weekend cause mine is starting to sound bad and having very hard starts. We are leaving for Utah and Idaho in less than a week and I can't go out there with it acting the way it is. I'm putting yamaha one way, 52t gear that the one way rides on, the needle bearing, and gaskets back in it. I wanted the L&A Designs one way, but it's not to be released until later this month, I didn't have time to wait!

Quick Reply: Yoshi Pipe/Starter issues