Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

It looks like Im getting a rappy, is that good, or bad?

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2003, 11:19 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default It looks like Im getting a rappy, is that good, or bad?

Yep, crooks stay up 24/7 figuring out how to screw people.

Mike

Old 06-14-2003, 11:28 PM
Pro Rider

Should I report him to atv trader? I havnt recieved any e-mails for awhile and no one has ever picked up his phone for 5 weeks (how long Ive been trying to call him) you cant argue, it is a pretty nice raptor though [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]

Old 06-14-2003, 11:40 PM
Pro Rider

I just wrote atv tader online, anything else I should do, hey whats crazy is thats the same photo as the one he posted that was supposedly in Ohio, by the way nice house and yard Hahahahahaha Pretty DUMB thing if you ask me

Old 06-15-2003, 12:00 AM
Pro Rider

Good job! I would call the FBI too

Old 06-15-2003, 12:44 AM
Pro Rider

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! FBI !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! dont know about that..... some one else want to[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img]

Thanks everyone, if I hadnt joined this forum, in a couple days I would be minus 3600, now I think Ill just buy a cheap used shee and mod it.

Thanks again (cant say it enough) and hope the guy gets caught,

Mark

Old 06-15-2003, 12:46 AM
Pro Rider

nothing to worry about! the FBI may be able to help ya, that is, unless you jumped parole or sumthin...[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]

Old 06-15-2003, 10:01 AM
Pro Rider

No [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] I want to send this guy a e-mail[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] what do you think I should say, I thought at first it would be great to play along, but I did really want to make him scared, send a scary e-mail, you know the saying
"if its too good to be true, it probably is" Its true, thanks to you guys I would have had to learn the hard way.

Mark

Old 06-15-2003, 10:41 AM
Pro Rider

I would talk to the FBI, and call your better business buerau(how the hell do you spell this word?) They should have a fraud division. Most likely if he is smart enough to pull this off he is skimming through the atv forums so he probably knows about you. Tell him that you want to use another party. Tell him to find a dealer, and take the quad there and you will wire the dealer the money as soon as he drops it off. That way he isn't out the money for shipping it, and your not out on a quad that doesn't exist. If he hesitates, tell him that is the way you will do it, and that it is a savings to him because you will give him what he wants for the quad, and he doesn't have to pay shipping out of that. Tell him you want the dealer to ship it. If it is legit, you may have to drop the dealer a little for there trouble, but I think we both know it isn't!

Old 06-15-2003, 10:58 AM
Pro Rider

Good idea Hossblur, have to go to church now, sheck back later

Mark

Old 06-15-2003, 11:39 AM
Trailblazer

i just had a very similair experience on e-bay last week with a harley v-rod. I e-mailed the guy and got a very wierd response back, in real broken english. he to wanted me to use an "escrow" account.

there are several ways they work this, one they recommend an escrow service that is actually a phony and steal your money that way.

or they trick you into giving them your escrow password and drain you from there

DO NOT escrow, transunion or wire anyone money for online transactions, especially these guys from Europe.

the guy I was communicating with, as soon as I won the auction he wanted a "down payment" wired to him. I told him I only lived two hours away from where his ad stated the bike was and I would be happy to pick up the bike and pay him in full. I didnt hear back until a few hours later when he e-mailed and said his business partner had sold the bike to someone else.

dont be fooled by someone with alot of positive feedback, these guys manipulate the feedback system with either selling cheap items, or hacking into someone elses account. they will also buy another persons account including their feedback

be careful

Quick Reply: It looks like Im getting a rappy, is that good, or bad?