Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Warning!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2003 | 07:55 PM
Pro Rider
Default Warning!!!

If he has the money to pay it off then he should just put that money aside and make the payments for a while , even pay more then the payment.
When my bill comes in the mail it says amount due $0.00 cause the payments I have made over the past 6 months have been 50 to 75 over what was due , so now since it says $0.00 and still make the payment with the added 50 to 75 its all going toward the principle . Six or seven months from now I will call in for the payoff and then pay it off . After it is all said and done I will not be paying for the full interest and the early pay off will boost the Isaac score .

Stuff like this can be done over the phone , dealers don't like doing it but it can be done , you don't have to hang out at the dealer ship all day pushing numbers. Find the payment you want , figure how much you need down for that payment , then push the interest numbers.
Banks look at quads as a toy and not a needed necessity , so interest will always be higher . Extended warranties will drop interest rates also.

Old 06-17-2003 | 08:08 PM
|
Pro Rider
Default Warning!!!

well, hopefully everything works out for him...even though some people might think he's a dumb-*** for not making sure about the interest rate, at least he's not as stupid as that guy who used beer for gas in one of yesterday's posts'.

Old 06-17-2003 | 08:12 PM
Pro Rider
Default Warning!!!

lol , very true , at least they didn't **** in it.

Old 06-17-2003 | 08:34 PM
Pro Rider
Default Warning!!!

I bought my bike and trailer on my American Airlines milage visa and then transfered the ballance to my Optima card with zero interest until the ballance is paid off. very nice [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 06-17-2003 | 08:41 PM
|
Pro Rider
Default Warning!!!

thats a great idea, were you able to keep the miles?

Old 06-17-2003 | 09:03 PM
Pro Rider
Default Warning!!!

is this the dealership fro north hollywood? i think its next to some restauraunt. my friend bought his kodiak from there

Old 06-17-2003 | 09:05 PM
|
Pro Rider
Default Warning!!!

No, that's a different dealership. This one is in the heart of Hollywood. It's on Sunset and Highland. It's called Hollywood Yamaha. North Hollywood Yamaha is totally different dealership, so please don't confuse the 2.

Old 06-18-2003 | 04:27 AM
Weekend Warrior
Default Warning!!!

Here's my experience with Yamaha of Hollywood:

Last year in May I was in the market to buy a Raptor (2002 model year). Unfortunately for me, Raptors were THE HOT ITEM in California at the time, and despite calling dealerships from San Luis Obispo to San Diego, I could only find one in stock (an all-black Limited model at Y of H). So I drove down to take a look.

I liked the look of the quad enough that I decided to buy it. First off, I had to chase a saleman down myself to get the purchase process started ("Hey, what do I have to do to buy a quad here?!?!"). So I finally sit down to do the deal, fully expecting to pay full retail price (remember, it was a SELLER'S market for Raptors a year ago), plus about $700-$1000 for tax, freight, prep, paperwork, etc., so I figured $7399 to $7699 OTD ($6699 for the LTD model, plus $700-$1000). Nope. To start off the saleman put down the price of the bike as $7299 ($800 above the base price). I said "Whoa, what's that? The Limited cost $200, not $800." "No," he says. "Limited models go for $800 over base price." "You better check with someone," I say, "because the magazine tests I've seen and EVEN YAMAHA'S OWN WEBSITE puts it at $200." "I've sold eight of these bikes so far and each one was for $800 over base price," he says, "but I'll check with the manager just to make sure." So he does, and eventually comes back and says, "No, the manager checked, and it's $800, and here's the deal we're willing to make on the bike." So he shows me the paper and there's the $7299 for the bike plus SEVENTEEN HUNDRED ($1700) for the etceteras, putting the total at NINE THOUSAND ($8999). "WHAT?!?!" I say. "Are you outta your mind!" "No, that's what we've been selling them for lately..." and begins to explain all the little costs involved with running a motorcycle dealership (like I give a $hit). So finally I say, "Look, I only have $7700 to buy a quad. It's either that price or no deal." So ******** checks with the man, and of course the man says pound sand, so I left (only to buy an already set up and dialed in Alba Raptor in San Diego for $1500 less two weeks later).

I'll never buy even a can of Coke at Yamaha of Hollywood, and I don't care if anyone else does either.

Raptornaut
2002 Blue Alba Raptor 660R
Armadillo Out-N-Bak Rear Rack
TrailTech Computer/Speedometer
Alba Bumper, "Lightning" Graphics
Yamaha GYT-R Skids and Heel Guards

Old 06-18-2003 | 11:26 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default Warning!!!

I am glad I never had that experience, my sales guy rights in big bold letters the interest rate everytime I purchased a quad, but then again before that sale comes up I pay it off or like I did with my Raptor, refinance at 5.0% until paid off.

I know them contracts can take your money and run but you also have to read them if you dont know the person that is selling you the quad.

Old 06-18-2003 | 12:16 PM
Pro Rider
Default Warning!!!

Hey Raptornaut, How much did you get a Alba Raptor for??

I was working with the sales girl named SUMMER, but she kept telling me they give me a raptor for less than like $8500., Which I passed up and bought one from GP Sports in San Jose for $7400 OTD for an "03 LE, OK price i guess, a little sleep..

LA Yamaha was advertiing they could get me raptor for $6400 OTD, but could not produce one in the two weeks I had the money in my pocket.

Quick Reply: Warning!!!