Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Raptor Rev Limiter

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2003, 08:47 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Raptor Rev Limiter

Gary,

The DYNA ignitions are set at 9000 & 9100 rpm depending on your curve selection..........but you can totally remove the rev limit completely if you want to. You will need the programming kit to do it.

That is impressive though. Describe what happened when you hit it. You had to have been doing upwards or over 90 mph to hit your rev limiter in 5th gear. WOW [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

I am running 13/41 gearing with the stock tires and I can get mine up to 87 mph on pavement with all the mods that I have done. I don't know for sure what I am reving out to, but I have never hit the rev-limiter. I just added a tach, so I will see where the thing creasts out. I was at WOT and I just couldn't get any more out of her.

Old 06-19-2003, 09:12 AM
Elite Pro Rider

It was'nt anything real dramatic.....I realized I hit the limiter and was out of rpm's....let off a couple seconds later. I added a Tucker +4 a week or so ago and the thing tracks amazingly straight, high speed is a breeze. That was an added bonus that I never figured on with the swing arm. Part of this is the chain adjustment system that is always straight.

Old 06-19-2003, 09:18 AM
Pro Rider

Gary... you have the +4 swing arm so now you are ready for Delbarton... Right...? [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Man I love the chain adjustemnt on this arm... What about 30seconds to adjust!!! and looks great to boot!

Old 06-19-2003, 09:27 AM
Elite Pro Rider

I think I was ready for Delbarton before....the odds of it rolling out the bottom are less now..LOL.
I went up too the test and tune at the Logan track last weekend without my ride....most drag quads were around low 5's. Looks like fun....I'll have too give it a shot.

Old 06-19-2003, 09:32 AM
Pro Rider

Gary, what did that new hill at logan look like? Just compare it to Delbarton. I am very anxious to get back to a drag strip! I love it... also going to drop you a PM!

Old 06-19-2003, 09:44 AM
Elite Pro Rider

It looks too be about as steep as Delbarton (best I can remember...was'nt thinking very clear). They have 2 lifts done and working on the 3rd.....it's gonna be longer then Delbarton I think. Some guys on 250r's were playing on it and not having trouble....track operators still have a lot of work too do too on the hill too be race ready....so far so good though.

Old 06-19-2003, 04:54 PM
Pro Rider

Gary - I have similar mods, CT pipe, JE 10.75:1,HC stage 1, no lid w/k&n pro-flow,but Im jetted at a spot on 190/195, also I have a tach and I can pretty much guarentee you didnt hit the rev limiter in 5th. For one thing your gearing and tire size/gearing will bring down your max rpm, and the terrain. I myself have tested on road, gravel, sand... and have reached a max rpm of 8750, close to the rev limiter but its not, also if you hit the limiter it should (not saying it will) "bounce" of the rev limiter.

Now someone may think im stupid and dont know what I am talking about, but this is all personal experience, and I am just trying to give someone some valid knowledge on this subject.

Old 06-19-2003, 05:20 PM
Elite Pro Rider

I think it's pretty far fetched too asume since your machine will not turn 9K in 5th gear that mine will not....especially when you are a mere 250 rpm's away. Maybe mine is tuned better? Maybe my E-series flows more air than your shabby shootout winning CT set-up?? Maybe my air filter was cleaner? Maybe my valves are adjusted better? Overall though, my bike is faster than yours and you are refusing too realize this. Considering I am running DJ needles, and they require 10 size smaller mains for the same fuel delivery, I am effectively running more main than you as well. This was on pavement by the way....and not near highway traffic. I understand the cutting out process of the rev limiter (as you say bounce).....hence I know when I am hitting the rev limiter. I would have no way of knowing I was hitting the rev limiter if the machine was'nt cutting out?? Give me a PM for jetting tips.

Old 06-20-2003, 08:32 AM
Pro Rider

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Well put Gary!!!

Like I said CT my bike will climb up and hit the limiter in a hurry! you just have to have enough cahones to hold the throttle open!!!