Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Invoice price for a Grizzly? Any Clue?

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2003, 11:06 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Invoice price for a Grizzly? Any Clue?

Greetings! This is my first post. Loooks like a great place, I can see myself spending some time around here. Does anyone know the invoice price of a new Grizzly? I don't want to end up getting hosed.

Old 06-17-2003, 11:31 PM
Pro Rider

www.atvprice.com
check here for list prices on any atv,,,it will cost you $10.00
If I rember correctly ( not sure if I do ) around $6400 or so plus $300 dealer hold back, but check the website if you want to be 100% sure on cost.

Old 06-17-2003, 11:52 PM
Weekend Warrior

Thanks for the heads up Vakero. I will look into it. Is that new '04 Met Blue sweet or what? Are those out BTW?

Old 06-18-2003, 12:37 AM
Weekend Warrior

This is from someone who used that site for a 2002 grizz. I saved it at the time and dont know if it has changed since the MSRP has changed a $100 I believe.

Dealer Invoice $5907 includes freight to any US dealer
Assembly Norm $40 per Yamaha pricesheet
Ready to sell cost $5947
Dealer Holdback 3% of list price (gets back from Yamaha after 12 months).
Dealer profit $1052.00--not counting holdback money.
Remember according to federal law all dealers pay the same invoice and freight charges regardless of where they are in the US...
Other Invoice prices for other brands and models available at atvcost.com

Let me know what kind of prices you are finding in MT on the 2004's. I am in ND and in the market for a 2004 camo. The dealers advertised price here is $6,499.00 He does not charge setup or any of that other garbage they use to jack the price up. Just have to add sales tax, and that may not apply to you since you are an out of state buyer but I am not sure on that. Just thought I would let you know since you are not to far away (a couple hours). Let me know on the prices out your way.

Old 06-18-2003, 01:00 AM
Weekend Warrior

Originally posted by: tnitro
This is from someone who used that site for a 2002 grizz. I saved it at the time and dont know if it has changed since the MSRP has changed a $100 I believe.

Dealer Invoice $5907 includes freight to any US dealer
Assembly Norm $40 per Yamaha pricesheet
Ready to sell cost $5947
Dealer Holdback 3% of list price (gets back from Yamaha after 12 months).
Dealer profit $1052.00--not counting holdback money.
Remember according to federal law all dealers pay the same invoice and freight charges regardless of where they are in the US...
Other Invoice prices for other brands and models available at atvcost.com

Let me know what kind of prices you are finding in MT on the 2004's. I am in ND and in the market for a 2004 camo. The dealers advertised price here is $6,499.00 He does not charge setup or any of that other garbage they use to jack the price up. Just have to add sales tax, and that may not apply to you since you are an out of state buyer but I am not sure on that. Just thought I would let you know since you are not to far away (a couple hours). Let me know on the prices out your way.
Thanks for the heads up on the price. I am going to go out looking tomorrow and the Grizzly is one of the products I am going to look at. I am also going to look at the sportsman 700 and the Kawasaki 700 (if it's in stock.) As far as prices, I'll let you know. One thing to consider, no sales tax in Montana. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 06-18-2003, 09:39 AM
Weekend Warrior

Hmmmm? It seems the '04 model is not listed "yet" at the atvprices.com site. Do you guys think it would be best to try to score a deal on an '03 closeout or wait for the '04. Any major changes?

Old 06-18-2003, 09:49 AM
Elite Pro Rider

A $1000 profit on a $6000 machine.....thats outrageous!
On a side note....stay away from the Polaris 700. They have a ton of problems....I have friends that own them and this is first hand info.

Old 06-18-2003, 10:03 AM
Weekend Warrior

Originally posted by: garyc660R
A $1000 profit on a $6000 machine.....thats outrageous!
On a side note....stay away from the Polaris 700. They have a ton of problems....I have friends that own them and this is first hand info.

I had a Polaris 500 and the only thing I didn't like about that was regarding belt issues. I had a lot of slip problems when I would hit the water. In fact, I smoked the belt the first day I rode it. I'm sure busting up and down the Yellowstone river didn't help, but I was still ticked I could take out a belt within 24 hours of owning a machine. How is the belt on the Grizzly? I do hit a lot of water. Perhaps I should consider something without a belt?

Old 06-20-2003, 01:25 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: Bwana
Hmmmm? It seems the '04 model is not listed "yet" at the atvprices.com site. Do you guys think it would be best to try to score a deal on an '03 closeout or wait for the '04. Any major changes?

wait for the 04's, they have alot of new features, mostly little things like the vented side panels, somekind of override switch, and the much coveted Team Blue plastic!

I think my 02 was 6150. The dealer I buy my bikes from sales them all cheap, too bad you aren't in Ms, La or Al

Old 06-22-2003, 12:23 AM
Weekend Warrior

So what are you seeing for prices on a 2004 grizz Bwana? Or anyone else?

Quick Reply: Invoice price for a Grizzly? Any Clue?