Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PIPE OUT THERE FOR THE RAPTOR??

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2003, 10:43 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PIPE OUT THERE FOR THE RAPTOR??

i agree with pudljumpr, unless your riding track i hope you really love your loud exhaust on your quads because your garages will be the only place theyll be runnin. cmon guys, if you want a pipe for more power, fine, i got a yoshi. But dont buy a pipe just for noise...yeah it sounds good, but which do you prefer, listen to a noisy quad in your driveway or riding down a crazy trail with a modest sound. When the trails i pass pass houses, i try not to rev it high to keep the noise down. Its those neighbors that decide wheather or not you ride although ya may not want to admit it yet.

Old 06-20-2003, 10:49 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Believe me, when you get just about any full system, it will be much much louder than stock. Dont be a jerk and upset everyone around you. look up that dw shootout if you really want to know who holds the noise crown, but be smarter than that and not blow 5 bills just so you can sound tough.

PS, Nice little "you have a forbidden word" warning. Didnt know the word I used was in that category though.

Old 06-20-2003, 11:35 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

the Yosh is the loudest ive heard on Raptors.. and i have heard many, but not all, specially not the newest models.. i raced a RAptor that was 686 kit and cams and everything.. it was running a yosh and when i raced him i couldnt even hear my engine spool up so i couldnt even tell when to shift..that was loud(he won but not by more than 1.5 lengths!).. Yosh all the way!
Jetjock16

Old 06-20-2003, 11:58 PM
Pro Rider

Lboy, thanks for the good & clever humour mate.

Geoff.

Old 06-21-2003, 03:43 AM
Range Rover

As for all of the people complaining about loud exhausts, I took my spark arrestor out because it (the screen) ripped. I dont know how but i looked at it one day and it was all messed up. I can't get another for awhile because their on backorder where I was going to buy it.

Old 06-21-2003, 04:21 AM
Pro Rider

yep, the day of the loud pipe is soon passing. Oregon has long had a 99db, spark arrester required law statewide EXCEPT the coastal dunes, where it's 93db. I havent seen any pipe yet that would pass 93db except the stockers, even some of those wont pass.
I have been told that USFS and BLM WILL enforce sound and spark arrester laws in Oregon this year. [dont know about the dunes tho]
With the way politics goes, be prepared for similar laws to show up in a state near you.
Oh, and the ONDA [environazis] complained that our riding areas are overused, and want to take part of it away. DUH. if it's overused, doesnt that mean we need more? not less? now we know their agenda. I call the type 'college educated idiots' hehe JMHO

bet you have some at home too! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-frown.gif[/img]