Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

wheelying a blaster

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2003, 06:51 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default wheelying a blaster

I can't find the balance point at all. I rev my blaster about half throttle and pop the clutch. I get the front end up easily but I either end up a$$ first on the ground or the front end ends up back on the ground. Is it easier to ride one in first or second? Also is it easier to ride one with a full gas tank or not? Where on the seat should I sit? How long did it take you guys to learn how to ride a wheely? any help would be great. thanx

Old 06-21-2003, 07:07 PM
Weekend Warrior

I find it is easier to ride wheelies on mine in second because it doesnt wind out and it has enough torque. the gas probably doesn't matter too much because it is all a mass and just moves. sit a little back on the seat just out of the center so if you r going back you have time to catch urself.

Old 06-21-2003, 09:43 PM
Pro Rider

If you are new to doing wheelies, i hear it is easier to start with a foot on your rear grab bar and a foot on your rear break... you can see higher above your quad and if you go too far back it is easy to just bail and let the quad fall on all fours... once you master it and find the best point of balance it is easier to do it sitting. JMO

Old 06-22-2003, 01:45 AM
Pro Rider

On a quad with such a short wheelbase it would be hard to find it, do like dumontraptor said and try them on the wheelie bar with one foot on it.

Old 06-22-2003, 01:52 AM
Trailblazer

I find it easir to do start in 2nd gear, rev the engine high, then let go of the clutch. Once the front end pops up let it fall a little bit, then give it some gas, not so much gas which will make u fall on your ***. The more weight on the back the higher the front end will go up. If the front end does not go up easilly try and pull a litle bit and never thurn the handle bars to much while is the process of the wheelie, If you cant to it sitting practice standing up. HIDEY HO

Old 06-22-2003, 03:03 AM
Range Rover

You should practice first with your knees on the seat and your feet on the grab bar. It's really easy that way. Then once you got that down, do wheelies while sitting on the seat.

Old 06-22-2003, 03:11 AM
Pro Rider

i think Blaster's like to be bogged on a wheelie because of the powerband (even stock) I like to bog it up use all my wieght to get it back. Start off with the left foot on the bar and my right foot on the brake. Rev it high so it doesnt drag the grab bar trust me it sucks on a blaster you hit the grab bar and it throws you sideways, pratice, practice, practice!

Old 06-22-2003, 03:34 AM
Pro Rider

blasters can do wheelies? jj

Old 07-01-2003, 08:05 PM
Weekend Warrior

Hey Rockylou, who are you selling that blaster to?

Old 07-14-2003, 10:08 PM
Trailblazer

This is my first season of quading, but I've been practicing wheelies a lot.
I have an '04 Blaster, I pull wheelies in 2nd gear. I don't use the clutch at all. I coast slowly, then rev the hell out of it.
You can sit way back on the seat to help the front end come up.
I've seen people try wheelies w/a foot on the wheelie bar. I've tried it, but you're better off just poppin wheelies again and again, until you find the sweet spot. At first I was always afraid of flipping back from going too high. The best thing to do is to pop one real high and flip back. I fell off the back, but it is possible to hit the wheelie bar w/out falling off.

"Practice makes perfect."

PS. practice in sand, hurts a lot less. Don't do pavement unless you're really comfortable in sand/dirt.

Quick Reply: wheelying a blaster