Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

For those that ride black bikes - do they get hotter than other colors?

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2003, 03:29 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default For those that ride black bikes - do they get hotter than other colors?

I think I have finally decided to go with a Raptor - because I will be mostly riding trails and I am not a "racer". I will be riding just for fun.

So - now do I get a white one or a black limited? I like the black more - but I think that beeotch will get VERY HOT in the TX sun.

Thus, I ask you guys - will they be hotter as in temp vs a white one?

Thanks for your input!

BP

Old 06-23-2003, 03:36 PM
Trailblazer

Well, anyway you look at it in Texas it will be hot, I live in New York, and if I leave mine in the sun for a little while, the seat is really hot, but its kind of like a car seat, after a couple of seconds, it's fine. And the Black does look better!

Old 06-23-2003, 03:40 PM
Trailblazer

Thanks for the input - as I guess its really just your butt cheeks that take the hit..... LOL

Now if I can just find a black one in TX.. I have already located two white 04s ready to go..

Humm........

Old 06-23-2003, 03:42 PM
Trailblazer

I dont like the 04 Black ones because of the Black Rims, and the silver radiator cover in the front. I put ITP c-series rims on mine and it looks great JMO.

Old 06-23-2003, 06:43 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

NO

Old 06-23-2003, 07:55 PM
Trailblazer

no,black does not get the bike hotter but, chrome on the bars and bar clamp is a bad idea cecause it puts a glare in your eyes.i found that out.

Old 06-23-2003, 08:23 PM
Pro Rider

You live in Texas and want to know how hot a black Raptor will get in the Summer???

Well, I'll tell you here in California, when it gets over 100 degrees, you park it under a tree, and go boating. Till OCtober, when it's cool enough to ride again...

IF you leave anything out in the Hot sun, it get's cooked , Black, or Pink, or White. If your worried about burning your "nads" on a hot seat, cover the seat with a towel to keep it out of the sun. If your worried about overheating, your not riding fast enough!

Say boy, out here in California, we only see two things from Texas,....Steers and Q....s, and I gotta tell you boy, I don't see no horns.......(Sorry, that's an old joke from when I was in the ARMY)

Old 06-23-2003, 11:45 PM
Pro Rider

Get the L.E.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Stay with the the whole "blackout" theme you have going on with your other vehicles!!!!!!!!!!!!!![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] (Besides the black bikes are FASTER!!!!!!!!![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img])

Old 06-24-2003, 01:54 AM
Trailblazer

I agree - the black LE would match my other rides well - but the thing is I can get a white one like by the end of the week and the black ones wont be out till July.

Now if I can only wait.. hum..

Here is a pic of my other two rides

Jeep

Z06

Originally posted by: XtremeRaptor
Get the L.E.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Stay with the the whole "blackout" theme you have going on with your other vehicles!!!!!!!!!!!!!![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] (Besides the black bikes are FASTER!!!!!!!!![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img])

Old 06-24-2003, 09:28 AM

Well, technically, from all of that science class that we always payed so much attention in. This is one thing I do remember. Black absorbs a lot of heat, and reflects little. White does the opposite. So this really does not matter on a quad if you ask me but there's your answer. And yes the black raptor's are faster, I'm looking for some black rear plastic for mine[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Patrick

Quick Reply: For those that ride black bikes - do they get hotter than other colors?