Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

blaster: what silencer will add the most power

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2003, 12:16 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default blaster: what silencer will add the most power

I don't think you need to rejet for just an air filter switch (although I believe K & N recommends it) but you should at least keep an eye on the color of your Spark Plug (beer bottle brown is just right) and re-jet or adjust as necessary. Other threads in this forum may help you out on this one-check the older threads for info! Blast Away!

Old 07-02-2003, 12:26 PM
Pro Rider

You wont need to rejet just for a new airfilter unless you take the lid off...Hay gator where do you go riding in florida??I live in the ocala national forest...
p.s. go noles!

Old 07-02-2003, 01:04 PM
Trailblazer

Cool, more Florida people.

Old 07-02-2003, 01:48 PM
Weekend Warrior

I ride at Croom (down I-75) when possible, and at the Family Private property down in Lake Wales (south of Orlando on US 27). We have a Breeze for the moms, a Kasea 90 for the pre-teens and a Kasea Mini-50 for the youngens-Me and the old fogeys ride my 2002 Blaster. I have heard that the ONF is a great place to ride but I haven't got the chance to do that yet-sure would like to (i'm not very far away!).

Old 07-02-2003, 01:57 PM
Trailblazer

I'd like to ride Ocala in the future too. I live about 10 minutes from Croom and ride there mostly.

Old 07-02-2003, 02:18 PM
Trailblazer

I usually ride in the ONF also. But have been to Big Scrub a few times. Ive heard they're trying to crack down on riding in the ONF though. Unless you ride during the day. I usually ride there at night, so it gets pretty loud and the people complain. I also know of some people down in Brooksville that come up to Big Scrub and camp there and ride accasionally. We should all get together sometime and ride.

Old 07-02-2003, 02:39 PM
Pro Rider

I live only 8 miles from big scrub so im there all the time.....They are trying to ban night riding in the forest after a certain time i guess near certain places....I doubt it will affect much though..

Old 07-02-2003, 03:07 PM
Weekend Warrior

True that! We should get together and ride at ONF. Maybe sometime this summer-I'm on vacation through the 14th of July, but then I'll be back in Gatorville and ready to ride. Keep me posted!

Old 07-16-2003, 07:08 PM
Trailblazer

the reason you didnt feel a power change is cuz 2 strokes get power from the pipe not the silencer

Old 07-16-2003, 07:41 PM
Trailblazer

as for what pipe/ silencer u should put on, i would go with bill's all the way. I have bill's and the second i put it on i could feel the power and speed difference, i remember coming in that night with my eyes watering. Not only does it perform well, but next time i took it to the shop, (carb problems) everyone was commenting on the sound, "saying that pipe sounds nice as ****". thats my experience and i would encourage u to go with the bill's, i also think that it looks ten times better than the fmf and it looks about 20 times better than the pro-circuit
thats all

Quick Reply: blaster: what silencer will add the most power