Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Need Help!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2003, 09:51 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Warrior Fr. Sprockets

If i go down a tooth on my sprocket will it give me more lowend then i have now and how noticable will it be. Also where can i find HMF pipes. what are better for trail riding and sand holeshots or razrs

Old 07-05-2003, 12:00 AM
Pro Rider
Default Need Help!!!

by going up or down on sprockets dont adjust low/top end.. it affects acceleration top speed, if u go down on front u get more accel loost top speed and go up on frnt u get more top speed loose accell.. and in rear u go up u get more accel less top speed. u go down u get more top speed less accel. just by the front sprocket i dont think there is much differenct untill u start changing the rear for your application/riding.. razrs are better then holeshots.. but both arent great in sand.. about the pipes not sure.. i think shadetreepowersports had them but not 100% sure..

Old 07-05-2003, 01:44 PM
Pro Rider
Default Need Help!!!

where can i find rear sprockets and how much do they cost.

Old 07-05-2003, 02:01 PM
Pro Rider
Default Need Help!!!

If you are planning on changing the rear gear have fun you have to take every thing off the axle pretty much, i dont know why they dont make split ones. I would goto a bigger one on the front that is about 3 teeth on the rear gear. I would prolly buy a side winder sprocket, u can get um bout anywhere.

Old 07-05-2003, 02:18 PM
Pro Rider
Default Need Help!!!

to change the rear all u have to take off is the left rear wheel. u can get them at dealer, but try rockymountainatv.com they are about 20 bucks or so and the fronts are 15 i think from rocky mountian.. on my 2000 warrior i had i think 15/43 or sutmin 15/4? and it was clocked at 67. compared to the stock 60 but i also had pipe filter on it to but that just affects acceleration or w/e gearing is the only thing u can do for more top speed. but i wouldnt changed the front to much just the rear. unless u want all accel or all top sped. hope this helps

Old 07-05-2003, 02:33 PM
Pro Rider
Default Need Help!!!

O my bad 453 the only problem with rocky mountain is there shipping charges are pretty steep. Thats the worst part about um. But yeah prices are LOW. ya might want to check dennis kirk.

Old 07-05-2003, 02:35 PM
Pro Rider
Default Need Help!!!

1st check shipping pricces 1st form RockyMntn 1st cuz it might even be cheaper then Dennis Kirk

Old 07-05-2003, 02:46 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Need Help!!!

You have to add quite a few teeth in the back to equal one tooth on the front sprocket, so I'd start with just the front, it's much cheaper and easier to replace.

As cheap as front sprockets are, I'd just go to the dealer and pick one up there first. I think the dealer usually sells them for about $8. I'd try just going down 1 tooth on the front sprocket first if you are looking for a little more low end grunt. This should help you bring those front tires off the ground a little easier I think.

I'm in the same boat, when I'm trying to hop over a log or something on the trail, I have a heck of a time getting the front end up. Try this first, and let us know how it worked for you!

Good luck!