Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

The Theft in a nut shell

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2003, 03:23 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default The Theft in a nut shell

First off I want to thank everyone for taking an interest in this by watching out for my bike & parts. It's nice to be surrounded by people that are willing to look out for one another.

Heres the situation in a nut shell. The wife, kids, & Myself left for a family gathering on the 4th around 1:00pm and returned home at 11:10pm to find our trailer shoved to the side with our garage door hanging wide open with no "TUNED" insight (Trailer was infront of our garage blocking the door). The first thing I did was holler at my wife to call the police and then I persued to go knock on all my neighbors doors to see if they saw anything. Most of them were not home and the few that were home hadn't been home long, so nobody saw anything. See it illegal to let off Fire Works in the city limits here in Omaha, Ne so most people are not around on the 4th, they go to shows outside of the city limits. By this time the Police Officer had arrived started making the report and when she realized the amount ($$$24,714.00) of merchandise that had been stolen she decided to have the crime lab come out and dust everything for prints & also notified the Burglary & Pawn Units. The Investigator told me it was most likely a 2 to 3 man job getting all the stuff they took & probably spent up to 45mins getting the job done. This was also a job done with either a large trailer or a big cube truck (possibly a rental). The persons responsible for this were someboby that knew there way around my property and garage very well and had been possibly planning this for sometime ( according to the investigator).. And that it was most likely someone who was close to me and or knew all about "TUNED" and my store.

Here are a list of some of the items taken besides "TUNED"

2001 Yamaha Raptor = $6,500.00 (Built From The Ground Up)
2-sets- Marvin Shaw Shocks = $1,240.00
3ct- Raptor Long Travel TCS-Shocks = $1,300.00
2ct- 35mm FCR Carbs = $850.00
Raptor Adaptor Kit = $179.99
4ct- Megacycle Cams = $920.00
15ct - 30mm Ferrea Valves = $375.00
RPM Banshee +6 Drag Swingarm = $899.99
RPM +4 Raptor Swingarm = $699.99
RPM 250R Aluminum Drag Axle = $599.95
RPM Dominator Raptor Axle = $449.95
Curtis Sparks Raptor Full Exhaust = $439.95
Graydon Proline Z400 Full Exhaust = $429.95
2ct - Dyna Ignition = $719.90
2pr.- Raptor RPM Cyclone Hubs = $870.00
RPM Mil. Carrier = $249.95
RPM 250r Sprocket Hub =$89.95
RPM 250r Brake Hub = $89.95
Pengries Raptor Oil Tanks = $249.95
Full bore Race cut front fender 250r = $210.00
Full bore rear finder 250r = $159.95
2ct Dasa Raptor 101mm 13-1 Comp Pistons = $400.00
Carillo Rod = 189.00
2ct- Paddla Brats = $230.00
2ct- Maxxis 4-Snow = $85.00
2ct - Skat Trak Buffs = $175.00
2ct - Realtors = $128.00
8ct- ITP 190s Wheels = $384.00
RPM raptor Steering Stem = $189.95
RPM raptor Anti- Vibe Bar Clamp = $94.95
Pro Design Pegs = $329.95
RMW Billet $295.00
Ricky Stator 400ex +2/+1 A-Arms = $499.99
Fly Aero Tapers & Clamps = $149.95
Cometic Kit 101mm Raptor = $79.95
3ct- Kibble White Springs Raptor $540.00
Nitrous Express Kit Dual Stage $650.00
Guts Race Cover 109.99
Craftsman 30gal Air Compressor $190.00
Tool Chest With Tools (Snap-on) = $1,800.00
2ct - 8' Bauer Fiberglass ladders = $180.00
Craftsman ATV Lift = $119.00
Graydon Proline Steering Stabilizer = $239.00
Hyper Bead Locks = $358.00

None of the value above includes labor on "TUNEDs" Build

I have a $500.00 (all I can afford right now) reward up for any and all information on "TUNED's" Where abouts and recovery. Getting some of the stolen parts back would be nice also.

The interesting part about this all to me was how picky the thiefs were when it came to deciding on what they were going to steal . For example: they took TCS & Marvin shaw shocks & not a set of Brand new stockers I had in there, another example they took only new tires and wheels and left the 6sets of used ones pretty much untouched. It is obvious to me that the thiefs involved knew quit a bite about ATVs and aftermarket parts. Which tells me it wasn't just some Jon Doe off the streets.

"TUNED" did not have a pipe on it when it was taken either.

Thanks again to all that have taken an interest in this (I wish I could offer a bigger reward). This all makes me sick to my stomach and I hope the SOBs involved rot in he11!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks again

Jay Callahan

If anyone has any info please PM me.

Old 07-06-2003, 03:31 PM
Pro Rider
Your friend needs to stop smoking whatever it is that is rotting his brain!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My God, that is a lot of merchandise, those sleazeballs had to have been scoping you out for a while to clean all that out so quickly without being seen. If they put that much effort in their own affairs, they wouldn't need to steal to make money. I offer my sympathy, and the heartfelt hope all is recovered, and all guilty parties are punished well beyond the limits of the law. To rob a person of their hard earned belongings is a real sore spot for me, been there, had my truck cleaned out on a fishing trip once, they got everything, coolers, boat batteries, rods, even the sandwiches I packed, and this was right outside our motel door !!! Good luck getting it all back, and maybe a little revenge, as well. Keep us posted, we will all be watching out, everyone should print your list out and make sure none of it shows up on ebay or any want ads out of state.

Old 07-06-2003, 03:44 PM
Pro Rider

I cannot believe they stole all of that. I would seriously rethink who you have told about your Raptor projects, although you probably don't know all of them. Man, that makes me sick. I hope you catch them and torture them. Best of luck.

Street

Old 07-06-2003, 03:47 PM
Pro Rider

Amazing, simply amazing! There are so many parts there that I think if they were to try and sell they wouldnt know what they are for. like the pistons and such, how would they know what motor they are for? Jay this is someone who knows you and knows your stuff, VERY WELL!! I had a Car stereo system stolen out of my truck when I was younger that was worth over 7K and it turned out to be one of my so called good freinds that i had knew since I was a LIL kid. I hate to say this but trust noone and suspect everyone and you will find them. I am VERY VERY sorry to hear this Jay, I will give ya buzz.

Old 07-06-2003, 03:58 PM
Pro Rider

That's crazy man.....

To have the ***** to pull a flatbed up to somebodies house and load it up for 45 minutes. WOW.... Hope everything works out for you man. If it turns up in Alaska. I'll let you know[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 07-06-2003, 04:10 PM
Pro Rider

Jay, I hope you catch the BASTARDS that took TUNED and all your other stuff and hang them from their HUEVOS from the highest tree to be found where you live!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img] The worst part about this is, that it probably is someone close to you!!!!!!!!!! And that thought is SICKENING!!!!![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img] If anything of yours should happen to make it's way to West Texas I'll make sure and shoot first and ask questions later!!!!!!!! Hope you get everything back!!!!!

Old 07-06-2003, 04:14 PM
RIP Dear Friend

In our area its been stated if anyone sees a large truck in someones drive and are not sure the understanding is the Sheriff will be called.

I almost called the sheriff on my neighbor about a month ago. He was gone on vacation and I was kinda looking over his place. I saw a big rental unit go bye and then pull in down the road. First thing was to go get the hnadgun and then I slipped over through the trees and saw the truck just sitting there in the drive, well thank goodness a light came on and I saw my neighbor sitting in the drivers seat. What happened was he had rented the truck in another state and didn't tell me about it.

He was glad I was on the look out though.

But Jay I really feel sick for you.

Chet

Old 07-06-2003, 08:00 PM
Pro Rider

Sorry bout your loss man, but here's an idea

Sience you probably knew the guy, make a list of everyone thats been to you're garage in the last month or so, and go pay them a visit, you might get lucky and your stuff will be siting in there garage, you never know.

Make them pay WHEN you catch them!

later

Old 07-06-2003, 08:56 PM
Pro Rider

Im sorry to hear Jay....That sounds alot like what happened about 2 miles from me. Some people went into a barn where 2 new Raptors and 1 new grizzly was and stole them in the middle of the night. The fourwheelers where found in Oklahoma city. By the police.

I hope Tuned is recovered and I will be checking out any riding places nearby.

Old 07-06-2003, 10:32 PM
Pro Rider

I smell corndog

Quick Reply: The Theft in a nut shell