Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Starting Mods on Warrior

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2003, 04:00 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Starting Mods on Warrior

I have an 03 warrior that is completely stock. COMPLETELY. I saved up some cash and Ive decided to try it a bit quicker. I heard from some people that the first thing I should do is upgrade my air filter to a K&N filter. They say it will really improve my bikes perfomance. Can anybody suggest where to start.

Old 07-09-2003, 04:20 PM

Get a WhiteBrothers E-series pipe, K&N air filter w/ pro flo adaptor, take the airbox lid off, and a jet kit. That should give you 15-20% more hp.

Patrick

Old 07-10-2003, 03:36 AM
Trailblazer

Hey thanks man. Ive been trying to decide between the white brothers and the fmf. alot of people have told me they give the same performance but the brothers is said to sound better. How much do you think all these parts will cost$$.Peace.

Old 07-10-2003, 05:11 AM
Pro Rider

Get an HMF and a K&N. HMF is about 100 bucks cheaper than E seris but its just as strong, only you cant make it quiet. Will leave you with enough money to get new rear tires. A very important mod.

Old 07-10-2003, 11:09 AM
Pro Rider

i agree with xcelr8...Check out the motoforce airbox lid in my pics. i also added a dial-a-jet instead of rejetting. raptor offset rims get the warrior sitting pretty.

Old 07-10-2003, 11:34 AM
Elite Pro Rider
Lazy Boy Rider!

Does anybody care for the Alien pipe on a Warrior?

Old 07-10-2003, 01:04 PM

Originally posted by: HappaRap
Does anybody care for the Alien pipe on a Warrior?
I personally have never heard or seen one of those on a Warrior. I reccomend the E-series mainly due to it's relaibility and likeablility (if thats a word) from all of the Warrior owners that have one. This probably will cost $300-$400 I would think, it also matters who you get the parts from,

Patrick

Old 07-10-2003, 01:44 PM
Trailblazer

You know what Im gonna replace my rear tires because from day one I've had to fix leaks on those things. I had another friend tell me he had the same problem on his stock warrior tires. I went to my dealer to check out some tires but they had no selection what so ever. Somebody recommended I try www.denniskirk.com for some tires. What do you guys think? I really dont trust my local dealers they seam really shady for some reason. I feel like they are always trying to pull a quick one on me. How much should a k&n filter run? I dont think their price is really accurate.

Old 07-10-2003, 03:22 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Lazy Boy Rider!

I ride with two people who have alien full systems and K&N filters, no adapters, and the pipe is pretty loud, but has a real nice low baratone rumble to it. I rode them before the pipes and after and I must say really nice power gain, by the seat of my pants dyno of course.
They also went with Holeshot XCTs, and really like the way they hookup, lost alot of sliding ability though. I must say, those 22-11-9's look pretty darn big on the back end, but they work fine.

Old 07-10-2003, 03:29 PM
Pro Rider

we used to have a warrior and it had a full big gun system on it. sounded really good but from what I hear you don't need the head pipe.

Quick Reply: Starting Mods on Warrior