ATVConnection.com ATV Enthusiast Community

ATVConnection.com ATV Enthusiast Community (https://atvconnection.com/forums/)
-   Yamaha (https://atvconnection.com/forums/yamaha/)
-   -   Did anyone see that Accident at Pismo Today? (https://atvconnection.com/forums/yamaha/107890-did-anyone-see-accident-pismo-today.html)

RaptorOwner 07-12-2003 11:56 PM

Did anyone see that Accident at Pismo Today?

Someone came to my buddies camp this mornign about 9.30am and said there was a guy laid out in a bowl and to call 911, we placed the call and went out there to see a motorcycle and the guy was dead. It was horrifying!! I never seen nothing like it in my life and there was no time on how long he was like that. The people just came up on him and saw him in the bowl not moving at all. Thats one reason why no one should ride alone. The paremedics came and did all they could do for him, but he was gone. I just prayed for his family. We were there for about an hour and no one knew who he was at all. I hate to write this but I just had to tell someone. Its going to stick in my mind for the rest of my life.

03waryer 07-13-2003 12:02 AM

That's too bad you had to have something like that ruin a weekend. Nobody likes to see anything accidents like that and your right nobody should ride alone. Prayers go out to his family.

LuckyStrike 07-13-2003 12:04 AM

That really is too bad.

Seems this is almost inevitable on the holiday weekends--or close to them. Here at the Oregon Dunes a man was riding around with his 4-year-old kid and JUMPING over a dune w/o a spotter and slammed into a sheriff's patrol vehicle. Killed the guy but the kid is going to OK. As also is frequently the case he was an out-of-towner.

Very sad.

LS

2000 Banshee
Red Fullbore plastic
Frame powder-coated red
Mild porting
Single K&N
Toomey T-5's w/ Cascade silencers

2001 Polaris Trail Blazer
K&N
Re-jetted

twentycharacters 07-13-2003 12:07 AM

that is very sad. do they know the cause of death, yet? heat? how old was he?
maybe he was with people and got seperated?? this is truly tragic. my heart goes out to them.

TrailBlazerguy250 07-13-2003 12:17 AM

thats sad and witch makes it wost it the people that are against any one ridin is their gonna blame what he was driving. my prayers go out to his family

RaptorOwner 07-13-2003 12:28 AM

When we got there, there was about a gallon of blood that came out into the sand from his helmet, to me, it looked like his bike and himself landed there and was maybe hit by another bike or vehicle cuz there was no tracks from his bike. very odd. He was laying on his back with his head towards the bottom of the bowl thats why there was so much blood. I get sick talking about it. I cant see that stuff, I got a weeeeeeeeaaak stomach. From what I heard, no one at the time knew who he was or contacted his family. It could be on the local news at Pismo tonight but I am back in town.

iamchad2k5 07-13-2003 01:27 AM

wow. my heart droped when i heard that. thats one of the saddest things ive ever heard. just to find someone dead, thats not cool. did he maybe hit a jump too big and land wrong or something? was he on a dirtbike or what?

TrailBlazerguy250 07-13-2003 01:32 AM

wow that aint cool at all iam glad that that wasnt me lookin at it . on a island up here two people on quads came up the opsite side of the hill and hit it killed a 14 year old boy

PUSHINTHELIMIT 07-13-2003 01:45 AM

That is truly terrible! Finding someone that is dead will stick with you the rest of your life..... Very scarry and very sad, I know what that is like. I watched a person die that was VERY VERY close to me and it is something no one should go through.... especially at my age. and finding someone must be sickining!! The family has my prayers....
[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

twentycharacters 07-13-2003 01:46 AM

so there was evidence of a collision with another bike? i hope not. it means two things. because as sad as this is - a life is gone. 1. ATV haters will use that as fuel. 2. it also means that some chickenshhh person/or people did a hit and run and left him lying there to die until he was found. spineless BLANKING BLANKERS!!!!