Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

pos stock grab bar almost killed my friend......

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2003, 01:58 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default pos stock grab bar almost killed my friend......

OMG...if your friend did in fact get hurt / killed.....how / why in the he!! would you ever blame it on the grab bar...

Your / your friends fault for riding wheelies w/ two aboard anyway. Be more careful when you being crazy.

Old 07-21-2003, 02:13 PM
Trailblazer

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] The rear brake or clutch comes to mind.

Old 07-21-2003, 02:22 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by: Flynbryan
Originally posted by: Raptorx44
He said HIGHWAY not INTERSTATE.
O....I'm sorry. That makes it ok then....... [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img] Its completely besides the point. Theres people that get hurt/killed everyday, because they don't use their head when they ride. Then Mom and Dad, or the wife, or whoever decide to file a lawsuit, and guess who loses? Me and you. Sorry, but I don't accept irresponsibility of that magnitude no matter where their riding.
Not beside the point safety police, just making a correction. Who is asking you take responsibily for anything?

Old 07-21-2003, 02:33 PM
Pro Rider

I'm not gonna waste my time turning this into a pi$$ing match Raptorx44. The only point I'm trying to make is that its irresponsible behavior like that that causes the closure of riding areas as well as continues to add to the list of atv related lawsuits. Responsibility? It IS our responsibility when stupid actions of others effect MY ability to enjoy the hobby I like to enjoy in my spare time. I'm not trying to insult you by any means, I'm just stating the fact that when accidents happen because of idiotic behavior, and lack of common sense it affect you andme not just the person causing the accident. Just my .02, I know, but why would we have a forum if it wasn't designed for us all to put our .02 in.

Old 07-21-2003, 02:51 PM
Pro Rider

come on now we all do stupid stuff now and then give the kid a brake.

Old 07-21-2003, 02:52 PM
Pro Rider

The only point I'm trying to make is that its irresponsible behavior like that that causes the closure of riding areas as well as continues to add to the list of atv related lawsuits. Responsibility? It IS our responsibility when stupid actions of others effect MY ability to enjoy the hobby I like to enjoy in my spare time. I'm not trying to insult you by any means, I'm just stating the fact that when accidents happen because of idiotic behavior, and lack of common sense it affect you andme not just the person causing the accident.
amen. I dont care if i **** anyone off and make no apologies for it- but its behavior like this that threatens the sport for all of us. Remember 3wheelers? Oh yeah, thats right the're gone. They might still be around today if some common sense rules were followed. You think quads are safe from the CPSC (the people that got 3wheelers banned)? Go to their site - they are CURRENTLY on the WARPATH concerning ATVs. They are having meetings all across the country to discuss "if anything should be done" about the rising ATV injury statistics they have. Last time the numbers looked like that and they said these things was in 1985 before the 3wheeler ban.... wake up people....Stuff like this just adds fuel to their fire. If you cant ride correctly, stay off the bike.

Old 07-21-2003, 02:57 PM
Pro Rider

Where I live it's against the law to ride on the highway or interstate. Maybe this is a wake up call to you and yours.....

Old 07-21-2003, 03:15 PM
Pro Rider

the ban on atcs ran out in 98 so compines have the abiltle to make them agine. and i here thes going to be a new brand. like but not. (sno-hawk or red-line) thats going to bild them agine

Old 07-21-2003, 03:55 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: ATVman00169
the ban on atcs ran out in 98 so compines have the abiltle to make them agine. and i here thes going to be a new brand. like but not. (sno-hawk or red-line) thats going to bild them agine
ummm...... WHAT??

Old 07-21-2003, 04:10 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: BigScary
I was in the middle of a second gear wheelie with my buddie on there and neither of us know what happened.....

he only weighs like 100lbs and every time he gets on there, I just stand it up and ride.....

most of the time it is on hwy 96(long and straight) most of the time I stand it up until I get about half way through 5th and I set it down because you can feel the wind affecting my balance by way of the parachute front fenders........
What the hell ever happened to common sense?!?! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: pos stock grab bar almost killed my friend......