Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

An interesting day...

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2003, 04:29 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default An interesting day...

Well, I slept over Sunday...so I was kinda late to going riding with some buddies. But we finally got hooked up around 2pm. Well one of my buddies(driving a 400ex with the baffles removed), was having some women problems, so he said he wanted to climb, and he was going to climb every hill that he came to, or was going to total it trying. LOL.

So we took him to some hill and he climbed them, but nothing major. So then we went down to another buddies house(Z400 w/ Yoshi Pipe). After some drag racing, which I won...the Z400 came in second, 400ex third, and 300ex fourth. Well after racing, and my buddy on the EX standing his quad on the grab bar several times, we went to some new hill climbs. After all of us hit several small climbs, and made them successfully, we started to get to some larger climbs. One of which was made by two banshee's...and those two banshee's were the only quads to ever climb it. Well my buddy on the EX started to hit it, but the owner of the land on the Z, said not to hit it....well the guy on the EX said I got it, hit it anyway, and rolled off it 9 times...bending the steering stem, smashing the handle bars, and crushing the lighting assembly through the plastic. Not to mention, the battery was ripped from the bike by a large tree. Needless to say that ended his day, and he went home...safe, but his bike was in a mess.

We continued to ride till 9pm last night, and I just finished cleaning my Raptor. So it was a good day all around.

Just thought I would share that with you guys.

Old 07-21-2003, 04:50 PM
Trailblazer

OUCH! how steep was the hill and what gear?

Old 07-21-2003, 04:54 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I guess he got his wish.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

Old 07-21-2003, 05:51 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

well, he was wearing a THH helmet...and he got off the bike and as soon as he did he slid down the hill and the bike started rolling on it's own. he never got hurt, but like i said, the bike did.

the hill started off the main path, and went up over a bank to a small flat...we went that far, and then said he could climb the main part...which was just about straight up and down, with several rocks towards the the top. he hit it hard which bounced him to the left towards a tree, he clutched it and down shifted and it started to stand up so he killed the motor and stopped it on the hill, as soon as he stepped off the bike he fell and the bike started rolling.

The THH helmet, and Scott goggles was all the equipment he was wearing.