Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Raptor - Replacement airbox lid?

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2003, 11:59 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Raptor - Replacement airbox lid?

Hello all,

I have an '03 Raptor, with Yoshimura comp exhaust/dyno jet kit... and I'm currently running with the airbox lid off. Well actually, I have an Outerware water-repellant airbox cover which velcros on.

However, as I'm sure many of you know... this solution kind of stinks when it comes to cleaning the filter. The velcro loses its stick after it heats up and gets dirty, so you have to either re-apply new velcro to your airbox, or use some type of permanent glue solution to keep the velcro on.

I was thinking I would modify my stock airbox lid and router the whole lid off, just keeping the frame of the lid intact. Then get some screening and epoxy it around the outside edges of the lid frame -- then allowing me to still use my factory airbox lid clips. But after thinking about it some more, I really don't want to mutilate the factory airbox lid.

So I was wondering if anybody knows of a similar type of aftermarket solution for the Raptor? Something that's still a ridgid airbox lid that you can clamp on with the factory clips, but has only a similar tight mesh (similar to the Outerware covers) to allow for breathing.

Any suggestions are appreciated.

KG

Old 07-24-2003, 12:55 AM
Pro Rider

There is a company called EHS that makes a lid with a vent that you can open and close. Do a search on here or try Yahoo.

Old 07-24-2003, 01:52 AM
Weekend Warrior

Awesome... many thanks for that, it's exactly what I've been looking for. A little pricy for the complete Lid, but I said what the hell and went for it.

If anybody else is looking, here's the website:
http://www.ehsracing.com/