Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

changing oil on a raptor and a warrior

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2003, 05:06 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default changing oil on a raptor and a warrior

I have a raptor and a warrior how often do you change the oil and filter on them. Im still breakin them in do i wait after they are broking in to change the oil and filter.

Old 07-26-2003, 06:26 PM
Range Rover

The owners manual of both will tell you the suggested intervals for maintenance. I have a warrior and the manual suggested an oil change after the first month. You won't have to change the filter... remove the filter element from inside the engine casing after you have drained the oil and clean the filter element with Brake kleen. Let it dry out (it won't take long) put it back in and fill it with the manufacturers suggested oil and amount. and you are done.

The manual walks you through all of that with drawings to help.

Old 07-26-2003, 06:34 PM
Trailblazer

I got my raptor 3 to 4 weeks ago and I changed my oil after I got two full tanks of gas run though it. If I recall it correctly I think the manual suggest you change the oil every 6 months which is what I plan on doing, unless you ride a lot I would change it a little sooner.

Old 07-26-2003, 06:46 PM
Range Rover

Thanks, how do you will your raptor oj i have a 04 too red and white the warrior is my wifes. diet how do you like your warrior. Just tring to get alot of info on the atvs.

Old 07-28-2003, 11:12 AM
Range Rover

To tell you the truth I don't like the warrior at all... most of my riding lately has been on a semi dried out river bed a few miles from my house... Its sort of like a motocross high way if you will [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] The warrior nose dives easy, its very heavy for its size of engine and most of the weight is in the front, so you constantly have to be working the throttle and throwing your weight around when you get into riding conditions like that. The only thing thats keeping me on it for the time being are the upgrades Ive made to it... but my wife also rides a warrior so as soon as mine is paid off later this year Ill just put the aftermarket parts on hers and sell mine to get a Raptor most likely or maybe a YFZ if I can condition my back a little stronger (I'm afraid the stiff ride of the YFZ would keep me laid out in bed since I have a little bit of a lower back problem).

Most people that love warriors are trail riders or just don't enjoy testing their quad's limits so they never find out about the warrior's short comings. Every once in a while I'll see someone's homemade video of themselves on a warrior and my jaw hits the ground on what they are able to do with it... more than I could do on the best 4-wheeler... so while I realize what you are able to do with a 4 wheeler is in large part based on your skill, the right 4-wheeler just makes it easier [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 07-28-2003, 11:06 PM
Trailblazer

I have an 03 warrior and the dealer said to change the oil every 5 tanks of gas.
[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-frown.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]