Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Anybody else think the blaster is junk?

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2003, 10:03 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anybody else think the blaster is junk?

Does anybody else think that a blaster is just the next step up from an 8 year old girls bike?

Old 07-26-2003, 11:10 PM
Trailblazer

the blaster is fairly reliable, HAD bad brakes, and is still the best bang for the buck, considering it goes 60mph, and is around 320lbs dry. some factory mods would have this bike being a screamer, but it has been neglected for 12 years. simple mods like 50cc's, liquid cooling, a powervalve, vastly improved suspention IE - gas shocks with 10" travel like the YFZ, a 45" width and a longer frame, .. dear god .. it could be the next 250r, but the blaster is long from that. for now, we will have to rely on the "what if's", but imo, if yamaha makes a new 250r, it will come out long before honda puts anything out.

i wouldnt mind a highly modded blaster.

Old 07-26-2003, 11:16 PM
Pro Rider

I do.

Old 07-26-2003, 11:22 PM
Trailblazer

The blaster is made for kids, possible 8 year old girls. It doesnt matter either. They are peppy machines. This is a stupid post.

Old 07-28-2003, 12:48 AM
Range Rover

yea i guess it could be a bad *** bike... but
why wouldn't you just buy the new 450 and save ten G's
every bike has potential but the fact of the matter is, if you start with a piece of garbage, in the end it's still a modified piece of garbage.

Old 07-29-2003, 05:15 PM
Trailblazer

i have had blasters since i was 8 years old and there anything but junk , have you ever owned one? sure you got a raptor but not everyone is so lucky that they have enough money to buy a $6000 machine , and my blaster can run with a piece of $hit 400 ex anyday so no blasters arent junk , where the h@ll did you here that probably from someone that beat the $hit out of theres and it broke down right? Yeah why are you worrying about blasters anyway you got your raptor. So just mind your own buisness.

Old 07-29-2003, 05:57 PM
Pro Rider

You know diaperdude dont worry too much cause even though FireFly spent alot of money on his quad it is still a very average ride...Want to know why?

1.It is by no means an MX king
2.it is by no means a speed king
3.With all the money he spent on it, it is still just an average duner

So what is he bragging about...I dont know and he doesnt either.Some people just feel the need to put others down to feel better...It is called the lil peepee syndrome!

Old 07-29-2003, 06:18 PM
Pro Rider

Who cares and Blasters should be for people 12 and younger,and come on some people are not fortunate to own a raptor,you act like there 20,000 dollars or something,just admit you like a girls bike..

and for all you grown men out there start saving up for a real bike and give that one to the kids..jmo

Old 07-29-2003, 08:35 PM
Pro Rider

hell with the yzf 250 put the damn yz 250 2 stroke in it and it will blow away the raptor..............jmo

Old 07-29-2003, 09:18 PM
Range Rover

now we've moved on to what ifs
There was an a$$load of blaster posts and this was my reply just to see how many of them I could irritate. I even got a so called pro rider goin on this. but anyway the only blaster I've ever seen that i liked had a R6 bullet bike engine. The rest aren't worth an ounce of pup $hit.

but opinions are like a$$holes...

Quick Reply: Anybody else think the blaster is junk?