ATVConnection.com ATV Enthusiast Community

ATVConnection.com ATV Enthusiast Community (https://atvconnection.com/forums/)
-   Yamaha (https://atvconnection.com/forums/yamaha/)
-   -   Going to be at Little Sahara August 9th. & 10th........Anyone Else Gonna Be?? (https://atvconnection.com/forums/yamaha/110195-going-little-sahara-august-9th-10th-anyone-else-gonna.html)

JustDragItBitch 08-12-2003 10:19 PM

Going to be at Little Sahara August 9th. & 10th........Anyone Else Gonna Be??

i was there..the drag strip isn't finished..but it did look nice..they just don't have it all setup..lights,etc. aren't up yet..not sure what it costs..when i got good runs i was the fastest one out there..i was on a dark red banshee with a dark red seat cover

JustDragItBitch 08-12-2003 10:56 PM

my shee

GregV 08-13-2003 09:48 PM

Nope, it's not finished yet. They are shooting for it to be completed for Sand Fest.

There wasn't a whole lot of racing going on over the weekend, I ran a few when I found them. Mostly it was just the High H.P. Banshee's out showing their stuff.

I didn't lose to any 4-strokes.........but there was some wicked Banshees there.

Hey Wallstreet.........I think I did see them there. We were comenting on great looking 250R that was there and there was some 3-wheelers in their group too. They also had the LOUDEST Blaster I have ever heard in my life. ha ha

We had a good time. It was a little hot but it was nice.

I will update my ATV Connection Photo page with some of the recent pictures.

GregV

biggerisbetter 08-14-2003 12:40 AM

Greg,

I went out thier Saturday with intensions of taking you and rhonda on a great trail ride,and show you around the place. We were thier 5 minutes ,and my brother rolled his Honda(sticky throttle caused him to get out of shape) well he was in some serious pain so he and my other brother went home. I stayed out thier for another hour,and searched the camp ground for yall. You huys must have been at the house, so I left.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

Bigger.

GregV 08-15-2003 08:40 AM

Bummer!!

We were parked right at the South Gate. Red/Pewter Silverado & Red trailer, we parked the same place every day. We stayed at the Bunkhouse next to the little grocery store.

That really stinks!! I would have like to have hooked up with you again.

We had a good time, so we will probably be back again.

RhondaV 08-15-2003 10:27 AM

I think we covered the whole area in three days. My favorite time to ride was at night. But, I could have lived without the bats flying around.

Jennifer 08-15-2003 12:42 PM

Well im glad im not the only one that saw bats out there flying around. My dad thought I was nuts when I said there were bats out there a few years ago when we went on trip. I knew there were bat caves in town some where but didnt know they would stray out to the dunes at night. Anyone ever see the porcupine family out there. Saw 3 of them on the trip last year. One was sand kill though. One other we come flying around a turn one night and it was right in the middle of trail. Ouch! Nearly hit the big sucker. We'll be heading up there the whole week before labor day and that weekend. Hope to have a blast as usual.

WallStreet 08-15-2003 12:45 PM

I didn't know there was bats! Gonna have to be a little more careful on my next night ride, although I usually just cruise the big dunes or go to Highway Hill.

HoundDog06 08-15-2003 01:02 PM

It's really cool to set on buttercup (tallest dune) at dusk and see the bats coming out of the caves to the west and rising into the dusky sky. Perfect photo op but didn't have a camera last time.

~HoundDog

WallStreet 08-15-2003 01:16 PM

Is Buttercup still the tallest dune? I was under the impression one of the big dunes close to it had became the biggest. I dunno though...