Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Canadian

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2000, 10:15 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

HI just got my new 4*4 Kodiak and was wondering if there were any Canadians from Ontario here. Looking for some good trails to ride in southern ontario

Old 05-25-2000, 09:12 AM
Weekend Warrior

Hey trailmen, from what I have seen from all of the posts, there just are not too many people from Southwestern Ontario. I have my bike down Tillsonburg way, and there a few trails to ride down there. I have only seen one other person in the forms close to us, and they were from St. Thomas.

Any trails in the Brantford area?

Old 05-25-2000, 09:55 AM
Weekend Warrior

I'm from the Whitby area (east of Toronto) and own a '98 Big Bear SE. We do most of our riding around the Belleville area and north of there (Bancroft/Marmora/Madoc). There are 100's of km's of crown land forest access road trails in this area, ranging from "easy" to "you've got to be kidding ... we're not going through that are we???" I am also a member of the Ganaraska Forest (north on Hwy 35/115) but this is mainly "civilized" dirt roads, not the stuff that is very challenging. Let me know if you are interested and I can steer you in the right direction (most of these areas are about 1 - 1.5 hrs east of Toronto) by giving you directions to some of these spots.

We just went for an insane/extremely muddy and wet ride this past Saturday around the Lingham Lake area (north of Belleville) ... more fun than you should be allowed to have.

Why not post a question under the Where To Ride forum and see if you get any response??

Chow for now.

Old 05-25-2000, 12:27 PM
Trailblazer

Hey good to here from you 94blaster its nice to see a few faces from ontario here. Well as far as i can see there is a place called Golf dunes about 15 minutes from delhi i called them up its $10.00 for the day you hace 3 trails and its about 20 miles it for atv.motor cross/ dirt trucks , i will give it a try in a few weeks.Keep in touch

Old 05-25-2000, 12:33 PM
Trailblazer

Hey gunnerm thanks for the information sounds great and id like to get more information from you.Would have any maps and other information you could e-mail me . I 1.25 hours west of toronto in brantford. Sounds like your having a great time out there.Keep in touch

Old 05-25-2000, 12:51 PM
Weekend Warrior

Gimme a day or so and I'll see what I can pull together for you.

One other thing you might want to try is to contact your local Conservation Authority and see if they have any land/trails available. The Ganaraska Forest and some of the trails we ride in the Belleville area were found using these sources.

The MNR offices in Bancroft (613) 332-3940, Minden (705) 286-1521, Tweed (613) 478-2330 and Peterborough (705) 755-2001 can tell you where to get maps showing Crown Land as well as Forest Access Roads. (By calling on the Toll-free # 1-800-667-1940 I believe they can connect you to the above districts so that you don't pay long distance charges???) I have a few of these maps but they are similar to topo maps in that the are rather large ... I will try and scan some of the better areas and send them to you (probably early next week).

Old 05-25-2000, 03:39 PM
Pro Rider

Try Young and Dundas LOL.

Old 05-25-2000, 08:55 PM
Trailblazer

HI Gunnerm here is my e-mail
rene.faubert@sympatico.ca

Old 05-26-2000, 06:47 AM
Pro Rider

Hey Ontario Folks,

I need the shop instructions for installing the Brake light kit on a 2000 Kodiak. I have the Kit but no paper work. Can You ask your local dealer if he has a copy & get me his number or webb address?

We LOVE those commercials. "I'm Not American" -"My Name Is Bob".

Old 05-26-2000, 09:15 AM
Trailblazer

Hi there therock how are you .. this might help its a dealer in london and there pretty good a helping out http://hullygully.com/ hope this helps if not you might want to try yamaha canada they might be able to help you if not let me know i see what else i can do for you....have a great day , send me your e-mail adress mine is on this page in one of the reply's.

Quick Reply: Canadian