Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

WTF???

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2003, 01:19 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default WTF???

Okay,
All the parts I ordered came today, with the exception of the jet kit but that's besides the point.
Anyhow, I open up the box for the Stage 2 HotCam I ordered and I start reading the direction/warnings and I come across the following:
"the center intake valve guide needs to be machined down for clearance between the guide seal and retainer".
What The F0CK!
They should've made this clear before I purchased the damn thing. I already have a load of things to do, I don't need any hidden surprises! They made it clear that I needed different valve springs, they should've done the same about the machine work.

I'd like to hear from some of you who have installed the stage 2, let me know how difficult or easy it was.

Feedback please.

Old 08-08-2003, 02:28 AM
Elite Pro Rider
Default WTF???

Chill out, i have never seen one that had to be machined yet. I think the stage 2 is the BEST all around cam on the market for the raptor. I have tried many. Install it and run it thru by hand to double check and make sure the intake guide is not in the way.

Old 08-08-2003, 11:28 AM
Pro Rider
Default WTF???

Originally posted by: 14mins
Chill out, i have never seen one that had to be machined yet. I think the stage 2 is the BEST all around cam on the market for the raptor. I have tried many. Install it and run it thru by hand to double check and make sure the intake guide is not in the way.
doyou think that it would be difficult to trail ride mine with a stage 2 in it?.......with the 11:1 piston?

Old 08-08-2003, 01:23 PM
Pro Rider
Default WTF???

Not a problem if your good with the clutch, I can ride fine even with my 14\40 gearing..............give it GAS.

Old 08-08-2003, 01:38 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Default WTF???

Big scary, i forsee no problem. You will really not notice much loss on the bottom. It will keep you from pointing skyward eveytime you hit the gas.

Old 08-08-2003, 03:25 PM
Pro Rider
Default WTF???

will I gain alot top end?
what would be a good pipe for top end power ? that would complement it and make the rappy fly?.......correct?