Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

whats the Top Speed of a Wolverine 4x4?

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2003, 07:51 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default whats the Top Speed of a Wolverine 4x4?

Old 08-13-2003, 12:36 AM
Pro Rider

58mph stock. One may differ from the other slightly.

Old 08-13-2003, 12:58 AM
Pro Rider

Yeah that sounds about right. Mine has the few mods listed below, and the 25 inch tires will give it a lil more top speed. From the best we could piece it together, I had it up to about 63-64 in WV (speed from a Honda digital speedo as we were side by side). I know I passed a few cars on the state route the other day riding it from one friend's house to another! LOL .. (please do not ride on the roads it is dangerous, I'm just stupid)

Old 08-13-2003, 02:33 AM
Weekend Warrior

The posted speeds are pretty accurate...58 mph. I continue to race a blaster top speed 55, he can take me off the line of course, but if i make a run for it I usually keep him working hard on my tail. I raz him about upgrades to mine all the time, really gets him worked up. LoL

-----------------------------------------
2003 Wolverine
IPT Mudlites - 25"
IPT C-Series Aluminum

Old 08-14-2003, 12:59 AM
Pro Rider

Hey Thomez, I ride on the roads in Wv all the time. I quit doing it so often because I cant afford to keep putting tires on it. Man it really eats those soft tread tires, especially when you are driving aggressive on a back road at high speed. What kind of Honda was it that could keep up to you at that kind of speed? Rincon?? As long as you are going easy and have a helmet and drivers liscense, atvs are legal on all secondary roads in WV. One thing I do love is the look on someones face when you go flying past them on a loud 4wheeler when you are passing them. It is a better idea if you not try that kind of nonsense though, its a good way to get hurt.

Old 08-14-2003, 01:06 AM
Pro Rider

wow. Wolvs are kinda slow. A blaster can hit 58 in 6th. if you ever get to 6th. I was expect low 60s like the warrior. Don't the wolv and the warrior have the same engine or it the wolv a lc?

Old 08-14-2003, 01:43 AM
Pro Rider

Yeah, depending on whos's clocking and the environment...some say a blaster only goes 55. When my wolverine was stock it was slightly faster than a blaster as far as top speed goes. The blaster is quick and was quicker to accelerate though.

Old 08-14-2003, 07:15 PM
Pro Rider

It was whatever the Honda is that you can shift or let it shift ... I think it is the Foreman ES ? He was manually shifting and said he still had a gear left at just over 60 - I was like HOLY &*%# you still have a gear left? He proudly said "Sure do" ... Yikes.

And yes, the raods are brutal on tires. I avoid them as much as I can, but the one place we ride is a short rode ride to get there .. it is called Sleeth? Where you at in WV?

Old 08-14-2003, 09:50 PM
Pro Rider

THat would have to be the Rubicon 500. It is the only atv that can do that. He must have had it hopped up to boot because thats moving no matter what gear you are in on that bike. Stock it would do 54 on my buddies speedo and I was behind him not even trying (thats when I had just a pipe, lrd intake, jet kit, and torque stuffer) and i could pass him and go up to 63mph with 23in tires. The guy who clocked you probably had bigger tires on it to give the extra gearing to go fast.

I live in Flemington, where do you ride at in Wv and how close are you to Wv out of Ohio?

Old 08-15-2003, 02:05 AM
Pro Rider

I live in Northeast Ohio - between Cleveland, Akron, Youngstown. It takes us roughly 5 1/2 hours to get to my grandpas second home that is in Rosedale, WV. We ride around there and in the grounds of the Bearfork Hunting Club. That is in the middle of nowhere about 50 mins from Summersville. I have family in Summersville too, so I'm there often as well. Where are you?

PS: I can't think of any mods that he might of had besides air filter and possibly some taller tires. I know he doesn't have an aftermarket exhaust because I'm the only guy that we ride with that does. I'm the loud guy that stands out and irritates the rest and scares the wildlife away. Oh well, I can also pass just about any of them on the trails [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: whats the Top Speed of a Wolverine 4x4?