Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Cutting Off Mud Guards On Warrior Front Fenders

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2003, 04:54 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cutting Off Mud Guards On Warrior Front Fenders

Anyone done this on there Warrior? I wanna do this I think it would help out the look of it alot not as cluttered and a little more racey. Do the front tires throw anything at you or the engine (main concern) Thanks

Old 08-14-2003, 05:29 PM
Pro Rider

If you do ANY kind of trail riding/wet or muddy conditions I don't recommend removing the front fenders. The previous owner of my Rappy took the liberty of removing the front fenders, and now I'm all the time getting roosted by my own tires! I have to start wearing tear offs all the time just so I could see. It sucks.

Old 08-14-2003, 05:40 PM
Pro Rider

I dont ride to much in muddy or wet conds. Also I'm just gonna got off the black trim. Not the fenders I dunno if i said that in my first post sry.

Old 08-14-2003, 06:31 PM
Range Rover

Since all my wheels are offset the front and rear fenders weren't doing much for me anyway, so I trimmed the front plastic. I get muddy, but only a little more than before...like I said, my wheels are offset and stick out past the fenders anyway. It looks better in person than in pics.
Pic with cut fenders.

Old 08-14-2003, 07:14 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: mascman
Since all my wheels are offset the front and rear fenders weren't doing much for me anyway, so I trimmed the front plastic. I get muddy, but only a little more than before...like I said, my wheels are offset and stick out past the fenders anyway. It looks better in person than in pics.
Pic with cut fenders.

I think that looks good......I thought about doing that b4 I got rid of my warrior....Did you just take the black part off and cut around the outline?

Old 08-14-2003, 07:40 PM
Range Rover

Yes, I just drilled out the rivets and then trimmed off the mounting lip. I then took a propane torch and smoothed the edges.

Old 08-14-2003, 07:48 PM
Weekend Warrior

yes i did the same thing on my 2002 and i love the way it looks, couldnt be happier.

Old 08-14-2003, 10:07 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: mascman
Yes, I just drilled out the rivets and then trimmed off the mounting lip. I then took a propane torch and smoothed the edges.
That looks really good. How hard was it to smooth out the edges?

Old 08-14-2003, 10:56 PM
Pro Rider

That looks very nice. I really wanna do it now HEHEHE, thanks for the picture!

Old 08-15-2003, 10:40 AM
Range Rover

It's not that hard to smooth the edges...especially if you are cutting only the mounting lip for the black pieces. You may want to leave a little bit of black on the very bottom of the fenders...sort of just to complete the shape if you know what I mean?

First I drilled out the rivets...which actually ended up spinning in place and getting so hot that they pushed right through the plastic!

Second, cut the lip off carefully with a sharp razor blade...count your fingers before and after...the number should be the same!

Third thing I did was use sandpaper (actually Scotchbrite) to smooth the edges.

Last, I used a propane torch to just heat the edge of the plastic a little. This will take out the white marks in the plastic. I also used the flame to slightly melt any nicks or gouges so they weren't as noticeable.
You can use a heat gun or possibly a hair dryer. You can take out stress marks from the plastic this way. It will also work on some car bumpers that get that ugly white mark on them when you bump something.

Hey KILLERCUDA, thanks for the props in your signature...I take it everything went ok.

Here is a link to some other pics that show the fenders cut.

Quick Reply: Cutting Off Mud Guards On Warrior Front Fenders