Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Should I or Souldnt I???

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2003, 11:17 PM
p3o
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Should I or Souldnt I???

Well, about one year ago I wrecked my 300ex on a huge hillclimb, it rolled over me twich and i broke a few ribs and my arm. After that i sold my quad and havent been riding since. I now decided on buying a new banshee but some of my friends are tellin me not to cause there too much trouble. all i am plannin on doing to it is pipes and a new air filter how much matinence is going to be needed to keep them runnin strong.
And are LRD pipes any good for a banshee?

Old 08-15-2003, 11:22 PM
p3o
Range Rover

ohh yeah and most of the riding i do is big hill climbs and long coal breakers.(long straight aways)

Old 08-15-2003, 11:23 PM
Pro Rider

adding a pipe / filter is extremely easy, u may have to rejet though, i may warn you, a banshee is a 2 stroke and is insanely wild compared to a 300ex, i just wanted to give u that advice

Old 08-15-2003, 11:26 PM
Pro Rider

Just keep the air filter clean, oil chain, run the right premix w/ the right jetting and she'll be just as if not more reliable that a 4 stroke. Just take it easy when you first get it and you'll gradually get faster and faster. BTW 'shees LOVE HILL CLIIBS AND LONG STRAIGHTS!![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Mike

Old 08-15-2003, 11:36 PM
p3o
Range Rover

I have borrowed my friends stroked 370 banshee allready so i think i can handle a stock one and i used to have dirt bikes so i know how to mix the gas, but i am worried about the reliability and all?

Old 08-15-2003, 11:39 PM
Pro Rider

Just do what I said and you'll be just fine. Also keep the bearings greased via the grease zerks and keep the tranny fluid clean. 2-Strokes have alot less chance of breaking b/c there are WAY LESS moving parts in the engine.

Mike

Old 08-15-2003, 11:48 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

I had a Banshee for about 8 yrs. Never had a problem except for a couple chains and 2 top end rebuilds. One of them was because it was being moded. Banshees are very high strung and love to be revved high. Hill climbs are 90% of what I did. It is not very trail friendly though. They load up if you go slow for too long and need to be opened up and they dont take the rocks and bumps very well. The only reason I sold it is because I was getting too old and tired of being beat up on the trails all day long. After a full day of riding on it you would have to carry me in the house and sit me in a HOTTT bath. I am 6'1 and 225 lbs so my size and the size of the Banshee with speed on trails did not mix very well. It lost all the fun of trail riding. I do miss the speed and the pure power of the 350 2 stroke but sorry to say, my Polaris handles the trails very good, enough mods and power to satisfy me and can still go home after a long day of riding and still be able to play with my kids. I am now looking to buy a warrior for a second quad. But will still keep my 2 stroke to climb and trail ride.

Old 08-15-2003, 11:55 PM
p3o
Range Rover

Well you are starting to convince me. I dont care for trails its all old coal breakers, old really long raiload beds, and a whole lot of hill climbs thats all that is in my area so i guess as you say the banshee is good for that sort of stuff.

Old 08-15-2003, 11:58 PM
Pro Rider

You got that right. Personally I would buy a used one w/ mods and save 2-3g's v.s. a new one. That your gonna mod anyway.

Old 08-16-2003, 12:10 AM
p3o
Range Rover

how well will like elkas or work shocks help on it cause when i borrowed my friends 370 that thing beat the shat outta me when i hit a jump.

Quick Reply: Should I or Souldnt I???