Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Raptor jeting

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2003, 11:03 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Raptor jeting

Hi all, Need some help on jeting the raptor. Just installed new full Yoshimura comp, with K&N filter an jet
kit. I just took it out for the first time seemed to do good "love the sound" . But my pipe was glowing
a little the first 6" to 7" inches. Is this the norm or do I need to go up on the mains. The tip of the pipe
was a little black. 146 left 148 right needles on #4 from top 3 turns out.

Thanks a lode. Brooks.

Old 08-21-2003, 11:16 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Raptor jeting

Depends on your air box mods if any. The pipe will glow if it sits and idles for any length of time.

Old 08-21-2003, 11:18 PM
Pro Rider
Default Raptor jeting

if you don't sit there and Idle......and the pipe still glows.......that means you are running a tad lean?
am I correct?

Old 08-21-2003, 11:37 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default Raptor jeting

Thanks for the fast reply. SixsixT the only mod to the airbox was cutting the flaps out in the intake.
I took it about a mile mile and a half down the road pretty hard and just took it easy coming back.
I did'nt see it glowing till I got back to the yard.

Brooks

Old 08-21-2003, 11:55 PM
Pro Rider
Default Raptor jeting

Sounds to me like your lean. Check your plug, if it is a white color your lean. I wouldn't run it to hard till you make sure so you don't burn a piston.

Old 08-22-2003, 05:29 AM
Pro Rider
Default Raptor jeting

The other thing you have to remember is that the Yosh headpipe is stainless. They make the stainless headpipe out of thinner material than the stock one. I've run into the same thing... yeah... if your jetting is off it will glow brighter but even if everything is right it will still glow. The only time I notice it is at night.

Old 08-22-2003, 10:58 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Raptor jeting

I would say your jetting is fine.

Trending Topics

Old 08-23-2003, 01:03 AM
Pro Rider
Default Raptor jeting

hey SST one has to go trough the process to learn to listen to experience. hehe oh teh gytr is working great, bettter than the DJ's

Old 08-23-2003, 03:36 AM
Pro Rider
Default Raptor jeting

I have the full yosh pipe and k&n/gyrt filter setup, I run 160 in the left and 165 in the right, with the clip in the middle, lid on the airbox, and all of the flaps cut out, plug looks great. no cutting out either,

I don't know what your elevation is, I am not sure of here in Oklahoma either(never checked).

Good luck..................

Do you have any engine mods?

Old 08-23-2003, 03:52 AM
Range Rover
Default Raptor jeting

I think it's the pilot jet that is lean, as it is on mine... You seem to be running the similar setup I am, DynoJet with similar mods, yet I have the lid removed.... I run into the same problem at idle... I think the GYTR kit corrects this as it has different sized pilots(bigger) to correct the off idle performance... As I noticed with mine as well, my idle screw is completely backed out and still running like it is lean cause it idles too fast to need the idle screw turned in any. I believe if we run the same pilots as the GYTR kit, this will resolve this... Can anyone lend us a hand and tell us what size pilots the GYTR Jet kits run? I'm at 800 feet above sea level, thanks.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: Raptor jeting