Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

More Power For Raptor???

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2003, 01:29 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default More Power For Raptor???

I would like to get my Raptor to rev a little faster and was wondering what ways I can achive this.First things I would like to do is the normal mods such as exhaust,filter,jets,etc....After those things I was thinking of installing a new cam.What all is involved in installing a new cam?Is it just a cam swap or do I have to do anything with my valves and such besides adjusting?What all would I need for a cam swap?Also one more question,whats a good pipe kit to go with?
Sorry so many questions,this is the only forum i've found that seems to be active.
Thanks in advance
James

Old 08-28-2003, 01:37 AM
Pro Rider

Since you are new here. Do the search what you want. Peoples have all kind of answers for motor mod. Everybody have different opinion due to what they ride of the terrian. Peoples like the motor mod set up for the dune but not for MX. It all depend what you want to the motor and what kind of riding you do.

In order to get it rev a little faster would be to lighten the fly wheel.... LRD can do the lighten the flywheel. For the motor mod, do the search if I were you.....

Old 08-28-2003, 02:14 PM
Trailblazer

Ok i'll try that man.
THanks

Old 08-28-2003, 05:40 PM
Pro Rider

You could put in a cam to help rev a little faster but without changing your compression you won't see much difference.

~HoundDog

Old 08-28-2003, 05:44 PM
Trailblazer

12 tooth front sprocket.

Old 08-28-2003, 07:27 PM
Weekend Warrior

yeah, sell the Raptor and buy a Cannondale!!!!!

Old 08-28-2003, 07:31 PM
Trailblazer

Why would I buy a cannondale??In the shootout they had in DirtWheels I don't beleive it's for me.

Old 08-28-2003, 07:36 PM
Range Rover

sell the yamaha and buy a cannondale and never be able to find the parts needed to make such mods[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img]

Old 08-28-2003, 08:20 PM
Weekend Warrior

Do you belive every thing you read? I have raced many of tricked out Raptors with my stock cannibal and never lost. and as far as the parts, read the cover of Oct. Dirt wheels........cause ATK bought the Cannondale part Div, so parts are no longer an issue( never was to begin with) so just sell the Raptor and buy the Cannondale, that's your best bet.......

Old 08-28-2003, 09:57 PM
rc3
Pro Rider

Well I bought a Full Yoshimura exhaust system and it works really well and has real good power gains. I also drilled a 2 inch hole in the top of my airbox and one in the back. I am running a Dyno Jet kit with one size up on the pilots and a 148-150 main jet set up!
It runs really well, I am also running a K&N filter. I like the Yoshi and my reveiw of it is good.

Of course any on of the top exhaust are going to work great and everyone is going to tell what one to get, narrow it down to a couple of the top exhausts and pick the one you like best from what I have heard these are some of the best: Trinity, Curtis Sparks, MBRP, Yoshimura, LRD,

And one person told me that the DMC Alien was not all that good, but I personally have no experience with it.

Hope I have helped a little bit al least!

Quick Reply: More Power For Raptor???