Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Pismo Beach this weekend

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2003, 02:11 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pismo Beach this weekend

My friends are trying to talk me into going with them this weekend, but the thing is they don't have a spot reserved...they say that all we need is a day pass and we could park in "the middle?" I don't know what that means cuz I've never been there? All you people who have been there, do you think we could pull it off that way? Cuz from what I've heard you need to make a reservation months in advance for big weekends.

Old 08-28-2003, 02:40 PM
Trailblazer

Hey,

If you are planning on spending the night, then yes they will sell out. What your friends are talking about doing is just getting a day pass, which are unlimited in the amount they hand out, and just parking in the "middle" of all the other campers and hoping that the park rangers do not notice you only have a day pass. If you go unnoticed then you have pulled a fast one, however it is a pretty common thing and the rangers are looking for people doing this exact thing. So the real question is do you feel lucky? With this weekend being so huge your chances of not getting caught will go up cuz their will be Tons, and Tons of people there.

Old 08-28-2003, 02:56 PM
Pro Rider

I called yesterday & they are sold out of night passes. They will be giving out day passes, but those will be limited. If you don't get there by Saturday afternoon, they might be out of day passes. I'm going for the day Saturday & plan on getting there early. If you plan on staying the night with only a day pass, your chances of getting a ticket is pretty high. the rangers watch it pretty close from what I'm told. and a fine is something like $250 bucks. Just let one of your friends take there vehicle & keep yours at home. Because the only person who gets the fine is the owner of the vehicle. It doesn't go by campers, It goes by vehicles.

Old 08-28-2003, 03:02 PM
Trailblazer

250R4life,

did they give any indication on how many day passes they were going to hand out? It has been a couple of years since I have been on a big weekend, so I had no idea they had started limiting day passes. We normally avoid all the madness of the holiday weekends. In fact this past year no matter what weekend it was it seemed to get pretty full, guess its just another indication of how popular the sport is becoming.

Old 08-28-2003, 03:37 PM
Pro Rider

the earlier you get there on sat. the better cahnce you have to get in,i will be there early sat morning to get in,i always get a day pass and spend the night or atleast i did 3 times and had no problems,but if they catch you it's on you..

Old 08-28-2003, 03:40 PM
Pro Rider

well, I'm not driving..so I won't get the ticket...so I guess I'll go..thanks guys!

Old 08-28-2003, 03:45 PM
Pro Rider

I think there going to allow 3800 day use passes. If I understood the lady right.

Old 08-28-2003, 04:32 PM
Air Cooled Rider
Future Govenator of Kalifornia!

I believe the fine is $270 for illegal camping.

Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

Old 08-28-2003, 06:00 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

i heard the passes were going to be limited to 1000. Just a rumor though

Old 08-28-2003, 06:50 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by: raptor03
,i will be there early sat morning to get in..
[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] You better get busy on your raptor if your going to make it by then.

Quick Reply: Pismo Beach this weekend