Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Expected HP Increase With Nitrous Express

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2003, 03:16 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Expected HP Increase With Nitrous Express

Hey WallStreet, How long and how complicted was it to set the NX system up for your bike I may be looking to get the system within the next few months. How much was the total cost. Thanks Slim

Old 08-30-2003, 12:30 PM
Pro Rider

first off you dont just keep adding nos to your motor and if you think nos is something you buy and just put on the bike and go fast your wrong if you dont know alot about how nos works and what damage it will cause you have no need in running nos it only takes one second of to much nos and not enough gas to blow your motor and then your out much more money than what you paid for the nos

Old 08-30-2003, 02:28 PM
Pro Rider

Was that comment aimed towards me ? Because I dont appreciate the attitude.. Im lookin for information not a father figure.

Old 08-30-2003, 05:16 PM
Pro Rider

It wasn't aimed at anyone directly so drop your attitude. If you have to come on here asking questions about the simple stuff to do with spraying nitrous, you really don't need to be running it. It isn't something you just bolt on and spray, you really need to know something about how it all works. Not trying to be a dick or anything, but it's too easy to blow your motor if you don't know what you are doing.

Old 08-30-2003, 11:17 PM
Pro Rider

Dont tell me what I need to be running and what I dont.. You dont know me nor do i know you... I didn't need to build a 686 craycraft machine either... I didn't need to do all the work myself but i did... If nitrous is'nt for someone who can make more than a 66% HP increase over a stocker like I did then I guess I'm not worthy of the blue bottle...
What I am doing here is trying to get information from people who have experience with useing nitrous... Not everyone knows the answer to the question I asked... Even someone who runs the nitrous and is sucessfull in doing so wasn't sure of the answer... Does that still mean it was a simple question ? Why dont you fill us all in on your knowledge on this subject instead of telling us what we don't need.

Old 08-31-2003, 12:25 AM
Pro Rider

come to the river on sunday and i will show you what i mean

Old 08-31-2003, 12:37 AM
Pro Rider

Well the way the weather for that area looks tomorrow, we may be riding in Aledo instead.

Old 08-31-2003, 12:45 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

And here I thought I was the only one born with all the answers.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 08-31-2003, 12:52 AM
Pro Rider

It takes too long to type out any of the needed info about nitrous. I'm not trying to be a dick to anybody or tell you what you should or shouldn't do. The facts are though, if you don't know anything about nitrous you really don't need to be running it. It's easier to explain to someone in person about it rather than try and explain it online. Too many people nowadays think nitrous is a simple way to make more power, the problem is it's simple to blow your motor up with it also. Reptar, since you don't live that far it would be easy for you to come out and I can explain it to you in detail.

Old 08-31-2003, 02:22 AM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

nitrous is for anyone wanting more power. it's cheap horsepower, i've been using it on everything for over 15 years now. and you can't tell someone that they don't need to use the spray if they don't know anything about it.
you buy a good name brand N.O.S. kit and you bolt it on according to the manufacturers instrucyions. ,get familiar with N.O.S. in small increments. thats how you learn about nitrous. you will probably damage parts and blow up a couple motors when you use it. it's gonna happen i don't care who you are.
everyone that i've ever seen use it, gets greedy and tries to step on the nitrous a little more then the motor combination can handle.
and i highly recommend the NX nitrous express systems. i've been using them for about 3 years now. and when they give you a certain setting for a given amount of hp per shot, you can gaurantee that you will gain that much power to the wheels within 3-5 hp. and they are very reliable setups, excellent solenoids, and very well engineered units.
so go out get some nitrous , learn about it and use it wisely, and you'll have a blast with it.

Quick Reply: Expected HP Increase With Nitrous Express