Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How is the YFZ at wheelies?

Very curious.

Old 09-02-2003, 11:38 PM
Pro Rider

about like a XR50 from my experience.......LoL
the only one that i rode was right off the show room floor and I couldn't hardly get the front wheels to come up........that thing just hooked up and WENT........no spinning and no lifting.......just plain quick......

it is nothing like a raptor......as far as wheelies go.......

Old 09-02-2003, 11:41 PM
Pro Rider

I can ride wheelies on it at will, even in 4th and 5th gear. but at the same time it only wheelies when I want it to....usually

Old 09-02-2003, 11:42 PM
Pro Rider

BigScary, as you know nothing wheelies like the Raptor.

Old 09-02-2003, 11:42 PM
Pro Rider

The front does tend to stay down more than a Raptor. Little longer wheelbase, maybe more centralized weight. Although my entire two minutes on a YFZ in the dunes I did manage to get the front up when I wanted to. I do notice many YFZ riders pull wheelies going uphill after they whoop up on my LT250. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img]

Old 09-02-2003, 11:43 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: Dill
I can ride wheelies on it at will, even in 4th and 5th gear. but at the same time it only wheelies when I want it to....usually
I think there was something bad wrong with the one that I drove.......cuz everyone talks about how much power it had........but the one I rode didn't have that much power.......
it felt like a little qucker Z.......I was not impressed with all of the hype.......
and wheelies?.......didn't happen......
maybe I just rode a weak one......LoL.......I really think it was screwd up......

Old 09-03-2003, 12:17 AM
Pro Rider

Big Scary, I know what you mean. The first one I ever raced I disposed of fairly easy. Apparently after a pipe and some tuning the YFZ really wakes up. I have lately had a couple run away from me like Carl Lewis..??

Old 09-03-2003, 07:09 AM
Pro Rider

So drugs work for the 450 also. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Geoff.

Old 09-03-2003, 01:02 PM
Pro Rider

My friend just got one. The YFZ also has a bit of a break in period to loosen up. It is really tight for the first 5 hours. Once it gets past that point, you can definately tell the difference. I have owned 2 YZF bikes (my friend also has owned 2 YZF bikes), and we both commented that the motor really wakes up once it has worked in.

Now, do the airbox, cam and exhaust mods, and it is a totally different animal. Good luck keeping up.......[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 09-03-2003, 03:50 PM
Trailblazer

Originally posted by: rennym
My friend just got one. The YFZ also has a bit of a break in period to loosen up. It is really tight for the first 5 hours. Once it gets past that point, you can definately tell the difference. I have owned 2 YZF bikes (my friend also has owned 2 YZF bikes), and we both commented that the motor really wakes up once it has worked in.

Now, do the airbox, cam and exhaust mods, and it is a totally different animal. Good luck keeping up.......[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: How is the YFZ at wheelies?