Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

compaired to a raptor

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2003, 02:49 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default compaired to a raptor

can you please tell me why these people always campare there quads too raptors? i am getting sick of reading about every one out running a rappy . just venting

Old 09-11-2003, 03:39 PM
Pro Rider

Its a measuring stick. If it wasn't then there would be no need to compare.

You never hear, "My piped 400ex beat a stock PW80" do you?

Old 09-11-2003, 04:28 PM
Pro Rider

Because its the best!

Old 09-11-2003, 04:31 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

amen stoppie

Old 09-11-2003, 04:36 PM
Pro Rider

Nah, I just compare my Predator to a Raptor because that was the only 4 stroke competition to it until the Yammy 450 came out.

Raptor owners really get pissed when I beat them up comp hill too on it........

Hats off and total respect to the 450, it's a quick and fast machine for sure and they take me by a quad lenth or 2.

Even though I give up 160cc with my 500 to a 660 Rappy, it honestly is neck and neck depending on rider weight, skill, and the all mighty and important holeshot!

Not bashing, just 1st hand observations.

Banshees still rules the dunes, but suck big time in the woods.

Old 09-11-2003, 04:56 PM
Trailblazer

Originally posted by: Heapster
Nah, I just compare my Predator to a Raptor because that was the only 4 stroke competition to it until the Yammy 450 came out.

Raptor owners really get pissed when I beat them up comp hill too on it........

Hats off and total respect to the 450, it's a quick and fast machine for sure and they take me by a quad lenth or 2.

Even though I give up 160cc with my 500 to a 660 Rappy, it honestly is neck and neck depending on rider weight, skill, and the all mighty and important holeshot!

Not bashing, just 1st hand observations.

Banshees still rules the dunes, but suck big time in the woods.
hey buddy you are one of the reasons i posted this , so is your wifes pred. stock if so i would be happy to race you on my wifes stock quad . i have a buddy that made the same mistake of buying a pred. its a real peace of **** . we have raced about 20 times never has he beat me .

Old 09-11-2003, 05:18 PM
Pro Rider

Hey Rick.

My Pred internals are stock, but it's piped with a W/Bros E-series with K&N and jetted.......check out my pictures in the gallery for more details.

Can you expand (factually) why you feel the Predator is a sub-par machine compared to any other new generation sport quad out there? (pile of stinking excrement I believe was your verbiage)

I LOVE the fact (after owning 4 yamaha quads and 1 honda) that the polaris is the most diss'd and hated brand out there........makes it even sweeter when I beat the Raptors with their 160cc displacement advantage, and no, it's not 100% all the time. Neck and neck baby, keeping 'em close makes for good racing.

Wayyyy too many variables including terrain, rider skill & weight to say "machine X will always always smoke machine Y".

The raptor will always be "compared too" per your origional post, because it is one of the larger displacement CC sport machines out there. They have a gob of torque down low, but in my opinion, the preddy rev's faster and higher, but doesn't have the same low end grunt.

Old 09-11-2003, 06:17 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: Stoppie
Because its the best!

indeed!

Old 09-11-2003, 10:36 PM
Pro Rider

wow that was totally unexpected, a polaris owner talking about something he doesnt know anything about.....okay dude 4 strokes with bigger displacements take longer to rev then a lower displacement, and i dont care if ur pred can beat raptors and a honda (LOL), cuz i know its a piece of **** and will never compare to a raptor in trails........

Old 09-12-2003, 11:57 AM
Pro Rider

snore snore snore, wake me up when you guys have technical merit and something intelligent to say........

Run what you brung, and hope you brung enough.

Quick Reply: compaired to a raptor