Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Sur-Trak or Razrs???

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2003, 07:50 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sur-Trak or Razrs???

I'm fixing to order right now.I got it narrowed down to two.Which ones should I get Razr's or sur-trak??Let me know quick if you can.
Thanks guys,
James

Old 09-16-2003, 07:53 PM
Pro Rider

I got Razr II's and love them

Old 09-16-2003, 07:56 PM
Pro Rider

Defiantly Razr 2's

Old 09-16-2003, 08:03 PM
Trailblazer

Here is the page to the sur-trak just in case you have'nt heard of them.

http://www.treadepot.com/td.c/orders/index.html

I don't know how to make it blue were you just click on it.lol
I think i'm leaning toward razrs.I found out I can only get the sur-tark in 22.
Thanks guys,keep'em comin.
James

Old 09-16-2003, 08:05 PM
Pro Rider

The only way you ever learn how something works is by trying it out yourself. So just go with whatever you want and take it as a learning experience. After all, nobody can really tell you what you like...

Old 09-16-2003, 08:08 PM
Trailblazer

Yeah I know,i'm just getting some opinions before I order.22x11x9 would really affect my handlng would'nt it?
Thanks

Old 09-16-2003, 08:15 PM
Pro Rider

Well, I'm not exactly sure how it will affect your handling, but one things for sure, I've never heard anyone complain about thier razr's...

Old 09-17-2005, 01:45 PM
Pro Rider

You are really looking at two different types of tires... What kind of terrain do you ride? If you ride more open trails/fields/track I would go with the razrs...if you run rocky/rutted/muddy areas (also snow/sand) then the sur-traks would be better suited there. I have had both tires, and am purchasing the sur-traks for my ds for riding parks like the badlands (gravel/sand/mud) and also to use in the winter.

Just a note...go with the REAL sur-traks...made by MAXXIS. They are higher quality (imo) are lighter weight, AND are cheaper! the 22x11x9 on rockymountainATV is only 41.99 rocky mountain sur-traks

also, if you are looking for a tire inbetween the razr and sur-trak...the all traks are a good compromise.

Old 09-17-2005, 02:12 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by: R00ST
Just a note...go with the REAL sur-traks...made by MAXXIS. They are higher quality (imo) are lighter weight, AND are cheaper! the 22x11x9 on rockymountainATV is only 41.99 rocky mountain sur-traks.
Thank you so much for sharing your opinion and telling us that the maxxis sur-trak is a higher quality, lighter weight tire. That's pretty impressive since they are exactly the same thing. Cheng shin makes maxxis tires, but since treaddepot.com deals with bigger tire outlets than your local shop or typical atv online store they refer to them with the manufacturer, not the brand name.

Yes they are cheaper at rockymountain, but since rocky uses the same url for most of its site, your link doesnt work. You need to search the site for them. Link to RMATV Sur-Trak page

I do agree that these are two very different types of tires for two different types of terrain. A 22" tire is going to be heavier and provide more offroad ability and ground clearance regardless of the tire type you go with. Obviously the sur-traks are the more aggressive tire and would be a better choice for muddy, wet, snowy deeper terrain. The razr 2 is a good tire for recreational riding but wont do as well the farther off the beaten path you get. Its good in a little muck, but not nearly as good as a mud tire.

Old 09-17-2005, 05:04 PM
Pro Rider

How about you lay off the sarcasm. We had two pairs of the maxxis, and a buddy got the cheng-shin badged tires (cost more) and they were a few ounces heavier. He punctured one on a rock (same rocks we all travel over) the tires were not under/over inflated either.

Quick Reply: Sur-Trak or Razrs???