Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

help

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2003, 03:33 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default help

I am about to buy the FMF Fatty-Alba Action Banshee Pipe Kit with Power Core 2. This kit comes with fatty pipes, power core 2 silencers, k&n filter with outerwear and jet kit. After talking with the guy from Alba he told me that I had to have the lid off to use that jet kit. First im not a big fan of K&N filters plus I don't really like the idea of taking the lid off. Were I ride it is very dusty. Sometime went I follow someone I can barely see 3 feets in front of me, I never go in deep mud, or water. The deeper that I have been in mud or water was not more than the wheels. With all this would you guys say that I would be ok for me to go with open lid, K&N filter + outerwear? And would this setter work for winter riding? I am really confused.

Old 09-17-2003, 03:40 PM
Pro Rider
Default help

I wouldn't go without a lid in muddy or wet conditions.....I don't think you have to remove the lid with that set-up..you'll probably just have to jet down....

Old 09-17-2003, 03:48 PM
Pro Rider
Default help

First of all dirt is your worst enemy. K&N Filter with an outwear would work with the lid off. I do not advise riding any quad with a chain driven suspension through a lot of mud or water. I installed a kit like that and gained a lot more performance with the lid off. Its up to you and how you ride your quad and what kind of weather conditions you want to ride in.

I never ride in muddy area's or where there is a lot of standing water. Thats why my quads last a long time.

Old 09-17-2003, 05:53 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Default help

My bro has the same set-up but with a foam filter. Slow down for deep mud and water and you can make it work.....he rides all winter too.....you may have too jet up for the more dense winter air though.

Old 09-18-2003, 01:58 AM
Pro Rider
Default help

first of all dont waste your money on the fmf's!