Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Which is faster KFX50 or Raptor 50?

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2003, 10:27 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need opinions...

The boss gave the OK (kinda) for a quad for my oldest boy (5.75). He's a smaller kid and currently rides a kawi KDX50 which fits him perfectly. The quad will be used for riding close to camp when in the dunes (like this weekend) The little kawi 50cc quad (KFX50) has the same engine as his bike - I like that. The bikes, both quad and dirt, will get passed down to at least two of his little brothers.

The little Raptor is about $300 more in price, but it's electric start too. The kawi is a 2-smoke, but has an auto-oiling system which makes fueling just like a 4-stroke.

The biggest benefits to the little yami is:

1. Can look just like mom and dad
2. A larger bike than the kawi

The KDX50 is so easy to start, I don't see starting as an issue - not for me at least... he can start the little yami all by him self. Hmmm...

Does anyone have experience with either of these machines? I'm buying one of them tomorrow.

Thanks,

selector

Edit: I put this thread here cause I wasn't certain how many of you dads cruise the "kids ATV" discussion.

Old 09-17-2003, 10:36 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Which is faster KFX50 or Raptor 50?

I can only speak for the raptor 80. My kids have a 2001 Badger. The same thing as the Raptor 80 except plastics. For playing around on the flats it's ok. All the little quads suspension sux. My kids also have an LT80 1988. They are a little better on suspension but a little smaller feel than what the Raptor 80 would be, they have stayed the same throug all the years productions basicaly. It's a 2 stroke with oil injection etc, electric start. The boys have much more fun on the LT80. It's a bit snappier and automatic. When they can't ride one of the Raptors they play on the LT80 doing wheelies and ride on 2 wheels and stuff. These two quads hardly ever get rode anymore as they ride as well as or better than their old man on these Raptors. General purpose riding and fun factor would go to the LT80. The kaseas are suppose to be decent also. Don't know anything about them though.

My bad, you were asking of the Raptor 50. I didn't realise they even made a 50. With this, I'd say they will grow out of the 50 to soon. All the little quads have governors so you can regulate how fast they can go.