Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

This sucks!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2003, 10:32 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default This sucks!!!!!!!!

Ok I asked a question about a week ago "how to idle up a banshee" asking were the screws were, the screws are the large nurled screws with big slots in them of the back of the carbs right in front of the airbox right? I idled it up some and now it runs like crap... so from all the way in how many turns out fron shut is the right settin?

Later
Jake

Old 09-19-2003, 10:41 PM
Trailblazer

Hmm Im not sure of the exact setting but The engine shouldn't run any worse UNLESS you adjusted one carb different than the other. Where is the lack in preformence? Off idle Im guessing. just adjusting the idle should not hinder preformence , Becasue all you are doing is adjusting a set screw that holds the slide open not any air fuel settings.

Old 09-19-2003, 11:49 PM
Weekend Warrior

I adjusted the carbs the same... and it didn't get up and go at all it had no topend or power at all... the performance sucks... i adjusted the gold screws on the top of the carbs... those are the idle screws right?

Later
Jake

Old 09-20-2003, 12:04 AM
Trailblazer

well I dont rember mine being gold although it has been a while since I have seen the stock carbs LOL. But from what u described on your first post you were adjusting the correct screws. I know this may be a stupid question but did u have it idling for verry long while you were adjusting the screws? If so it could be something as simple as a fouled spark plugs [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] You should be able to set the screws all the way in or the slowest engine speed. then try running it it wont idle but u should be able to keep it running with the thumb throtle and then see how it runs

Old 09-20-2003, 12:15 AM
Weekend Warrior

I havn't checked the plugs but I put new ones in a week ago... can they go bad that quick? and it wont hardly run now... and also when I was adjusting it, the collar that holds the top of the carbs on was loose and could be turned around... could that have screwed something up?

Old 09-20-2003, 12:30 AM
Trailblazer

Yes the collar could have been a factor but just tighten it up. Yes depending you what ratio u mix your oil and you jetting they could get oil or fuel fouled that quickly. On the sides of the carb there should be a brass screw and a locking tab that keeps the collars on the tops of the carbs from comming loose. Make sure thats tight. Also some one correct me if im wrong but u can also adjust the Idle with the Screw on the thumb throtle. Is the TORS still hooked up Mine went bad and it wouldn't let the engine rev.

Old 09-20-2003, 12:37 AM
Weekend Warrior

All that stuff is snug now but if was loose before and it ran good and when I tryed to adjust it it screwed up... im runnin a 21:1 fuel/oil mixure...

Latrer
Jake

you have AIM yfz? mines WIGUNS im me please...

Old 09-20-2003, 12:39 AM
Trailblazer

21:1 Is rich on the oil I would say check your plugs most likely they are weak. What type of oil are u running?

Old 09-20-2003, 05:14 AM
Range Rover

21:1!?! Wow, that is richer than what the Blasters run with their oil injection. I think the Blasters are somewhere around 32:1 aren't they? I remember when I still had my Blaster, we removed the oil injection and ran a 40:1 mix. I think that is the same ratio that my cousin runs in his 96 Banshee. I don't know nearly as much as some of the members on here, but if you asked me, I would say to change your plugs again, and start running a 40:1 mixture. Just my .02

2-Knee

Old 09-20-2003, 11:43 AM
Weekend Warrior

Yamaha told me to run 21:1 mix and Im using Yamalube R-2 oil... I'll check the plugs... hope thats the problem...

Quick Reply: This sucks!!!!!!!!