Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

can i sell my wolvy with no title or regestration

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2003, 02:38 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default can i sell my wolvy with no title or regestration

Cool, I just wanted to make sure you got it. Good luck on whatever you decide on.

Old 10-11-2003, 04:52 AM
Pro Rider

you CAN sell one legally in oregon without a title. getting a title is the owner's option. even new.
BUT
it's free for the buyer to call any cop shop and run the numbers, and if it comes up weird, guess what happens next?

prob not worth the hassle carting it clear across the country....

Old 10-12-2003, 02:07 AM
Range Rover

Here on a any thing with a title car,bike,quad what ever you can sell it legally the new owner has to get a title on it.Basically they go to the tag/title office apply for a new title they dmv runs the vin if it comes back clean (not stolen,salvaged,or any thing else bad) the person who applied for the title get's it mailed to them so if the people you bought it from are not worried about you paying for it and have not contaced a credit bureu or reported it stolen then the new owner gets a new clean title and once you have that issued by the state there's not **** any one can do to you.

Old 10-12-2003, 02:29 AM
Pro Rider

Forgive me, but that one is even more complicated than mine.....but it's cool, dont buy anything without a clear title, and get down there and CHECK the numbers!

for our buddy in PA, if you are parting out a stolen rig I dont know you. If you didnt complete a contract, then here the rig is stolen, no matter what the actions of the seller are, since YOU signed to pay a specific price by a specific time. Be careful with this stuff!! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Wow, I just read yer post again! You mean to tell me that the seller doesnt have to produce a clear title??????
It's up to the buyer? Now we know where all the offshore stolen rigs and discount used cars are coming from, eh?
That's amazing to me. It's selling air. It's selling stolen property. it boggles the mind. whatever, it's yer state man.

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 10-12-2003, 01:27 PM
Pro Rider

Traded my old Big bear in to a dealer with no papers. Ibought it with out papers I knew I could get them from the guy that bought it new in 87. I got it in 92 for 2500. Traded it in on the Wolvy in 98. They gave me 2000 trade in without the papers. Iassume they ran the numbers thru DMVbut I never had papers for it for 6 years. The dealer may have applied for lost title but I dont know